Bottleing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dentdr

Reaction score
Hi Every one, I need to know how long after I bottle my brew will it have to sit in the bottles before its ready to consume, Also should the bottles be stored in the frig of at room temp.

Thanks

Do 3 weeks at room temp (at least 70F)... test one after 2 weeks ...it may take longer...only the beer can tell you when its done !!!

Cheers and enjoy !!!!

Three weeks minimum at around 70F. Bigger beers take longer. Once they hit the three weeks, allow at least 48 hours of refrigeration before drinking. This allows the CO2 to be absorbed into the beer. The wait is a drag, but the solution is to keep brewing. Have fun.:mug:

I usually bottle a couple in clear bottles to check progress. I have one at one week, the other at two weeks, and then by the third week we're golden.

This can give your pallet an idea of how your beer progresses towards best results.

Back