Brinkmann 815-4005-S Outdoor Cooker Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urg8rb8

Reaction score
Anyone buy this burner with full boils using aluminum pots? I'm looking at buying a burner and I'm looking at this one, the SP-10, and the SQ-14.

Feedback is welcome! :)

There are some reviews from homebrewers on Amazon. From what I've read, it works well, but assembly is a bit dicey, since some of the holes don't line up very well. (One reviewer, however, attributes that to failing to read the directions.)

It seems like a great price for such a powerful burner. If you get it, let us know how it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just purchased this on Amazon and should have it by Thursday. I got it because I don't mind assembly and it seemed higher powered than other ones around the ~$50 range. I'm using it with 10 gallon aluminum pots so once I get it up and running I'll see if I can remember to review it here.

This is the burner I use. Works fine although I have nothing to compare it to as it has been the one and only burner that I have had. Can get 6-7 gallons of wort to a strong rolling boil in about 20-25 minutes depending on the weather outside and that is with not having it turned all the way up. As for assembling it, I have taken it apart a few times and it goes right back together. It doesn't sit exactly flat when the kettle is not on it, but that hasn't been an issue. Once the kettle is on it, that is corrected. I use a 10 gallon aluminum pot and have no issues what so ever. I would recommend this to any brewer as it has been a great burner. Good luck with yours.

I just placed the order on Amazon! Should be getting it in a few days!

Alright I got the burner a couple of days ago and was just able to assemble it. Feels very sturdy but the blades where the pot sits on above the burner doesn't seem completely even so the pot kinda wobbles a bit. I could probably bend the blades a bit to make them evenly flat.

But holy molely can this thing put out a hell of a flame!!! I can't wait to brew my next batch to just see how quickly I could get 7 or 8 gallons of liquid to a boil!

Any chance this thing could put a whole in the bottle of aluminum pot???

Got mine this week and just brewed with it... the banjo burner mounted sort of crooked for some reason so I will see if I can fix that. The flame is good, but I think I need to adjust the air intake. Gets pretty hot, I am pleased. And no burning paint like the Bayou!! I had a near-empty propane tank and it lasted me a whole brew day. Not too loud either. Required about of an hour of assembly.To be honest I'd rather have this for $50 than an SP10. I also grabbed the SP1 for $19, boy that thing is a blow torch on steroids. Sorry the first picture is sideways, not sure why it uploaded that way.

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

My flame looked like it was burning slightly off angle as well and I attributed it to wind. But it looks like its a common issue. Did you pot lay completely flat on the burner?

Mine laid pretty flat, yeah. I think I am going to take those prongs that stick up off though... kind of annoying when you are moving pots off and on.

And no idea on the piece, I don't think I got one of those?? I had a little wire piece on the hose but I took that off.

Mine laid pretty flat, yeah. I think I am going to take those prongs that stick up off though... kind of annoying when you are moving pots off and on.

And no idea on the piece, I don't think I got one of those?? I had a little wire piece on the hose but I took that off.

What wire piece are you referring to? Can you post a pic of it please?

I'm going to call them on Monday and complain about the top not being flat.

I'm just angry that my burner doesn't sit straight. And the wire piece was like an oversized paperclip hanging off of the hose. I already threw it away...

Did you take wire cutters to the big metal safety card attached to the leg?

I kept the metal safety plate.

Was that metal piece you threw away used to dig out spiders from the banjo burner? Did you see the illustration?

My burner is not straight either. I think you could adjust it easily by bending the metal cross beam that the banjo burner rests on

It might have been. It was only about 3" long though. I saw the illustrations about spider webs it wasn't that. Hopefully if I use it every other week I won't have problems with webs. I will try to bend the cross beam, but kind of wanted to keep the heat shield under it straight.

I don't get spiders but what I will do is cover the air intake with aluminum foil so prevent any insects from crawling in.

Btw, how quickly were you able to boil your wort?

I got tap water to boiling in probably 20 minutes. Mind you I brew on an open patio and there was no wind. Don't think I ever turned it all the way up to full strength. Just trying to keep it quiet for my neighbors. Really an awesome burner.

I'm just angry that my burner doesn't sit straight. And the wire piece was like an oversized paperclip hanging off of the hose. I already threw it away...

Did you take wire cutters to the big metal safety card attached to the leg?

What did you end up doing about the crooked burner?

Back