Electric or Gas Burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justintoxicated

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine an electric stove would get hot enough to boil that size wort.

I'll put in my $.02 but don't take it for being worth much more than that....

If you have the time/finances/knowledge/space to go electric then I would do that. I currently have a propane set up and would love a nice electric set up. You can automate them easily and they are much cheaper to operate. Also never have to worry about running out of gas. I dream of having an electric setup.

With that said, it takes time to design a system and build it and depending on your design can cost $800-$5000 where a propane setup can be had for a couple hundred. I would assume that an electric setup might be more maintenance since there is more stuff to go wrong but I don't know for sure.

Again, just my thoughts. The beer I make in my system is not any worse than if I had an electric setup.

Edit: Just re-read your post. Propane vs stovetop = propane wins hands down in my book.

I went electric and love it. Is it right for you? don't know. Are you doing full boils? All grain? What size batches? Your stove will work for partial boils. If you want to use an element in your kettle you are looking at doing some work to regulate the boil. There is an electric brewing section a little ways down the list that will give you an idea of what you would be getting into.

;) Hi!! ;)

I like this thread! ;)
There is a lot of information that I just learned & I like the information included!

Whoot!

:mug: CHEERS!! :mug:

Latest posts

Back