What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This swill. Some sort of rum flavored coffee or coffee infused rum or maybe just lighter fluid mixed with gasoline and then boiled down to darken it.

View attachment 1435263649234.jpg

Actually it is pretty damn good. The rum sweetness with interesting notes from the coffee. This bottle probably won't last

This swill. Some sort of rum flavored coffee or coffee infused rum or maybe just lighter fluid mixed with gasoline and then boiled down to darken it.

View attachment 286725

Actually it is pretty damn good. The rum sweetness with interesting notes from the coffee. This bottle probably won't last

It's good stuff. I'm forcing myself to ration my bottle so I don't run out too soon.

After a few minor hold up's due to ridiculous errors..
ie: The sellers side sent all the original documents to our attorney. Only it was not our attorney, it was some random law office where they sat for weeks before anyone noticed.

Now the sellers attorney states they are not ready to move, because they haven't closed on their purchase yet. Which is not in any contract stating that we should be concerned with their issues. Their attorney/realtor also both take at least three days to answer any question we confront them with.

I just don't get it. I've hit every deadline given to me, they've broken every deadline.

Is it normal for attorneys to be involved in a residential deal there? It is nearly unheard of for lawyers to touch a residential real estate around here.

ie: The sellers side sent all the original documents to our attorney. Only it was not our attorney, it was some random law office where they sat for weeks before anyone noticed.

Now the sellers attorney states they are not ready to move, because they haven't closed on their purchase yet. Which is not in any contract stating that we should be concerned with their issues. Their attorney/realtor also both take at least three days to answer any question we confront them with.

I just don't get it. I've hit every deadline given to me, they've broken every deadline.

Do yourself a favor, call the consumer protection side of the NY Department of Financial Services and file a complaint against the seller's attorney and relator. It will light a fire right under their ass. You should be able to speak to someone there who will help you. There is no way you should not be able to close because the sellers aren't ready to move. They agreed on a closing date, they cannot move it without you signing something.

If there was not a contingency in the sale stipulating they needed to settle on their new place, then threaten them with breach of contract. Lawyers bill by 6 minute increments - they have no incentive to be speedy!

Is it normal for attorneys to be involved in a residential deal there? It is nearly unheard of for lawyers to touch a residential real estate around here.

In some states it is required. California uses title offices and escrow agents, NC uses closing attorneys. It depends upon the law.

In some states it is required. California uses title offices and escrow agents, NC uses closing attorneys. It depends upon the law.

I am on speed dial at the local title company but they only call about residential deals when there is something blocking clear title that needs to be addressed. A quiet title action, a probate needs to be opened, etc. If something like that is not going on, the title guy just deals with it and no attorneys get involved. Quite frankly, I like it that way. I don't like holding someone's hand through a residential deal where nearly everything can be dealt with via stock forms and a title search.

Do yourself a favor, call the consumer protection side of the NY Department of Financial Services and file a complaint against the seller's attorney and relator. It will light a fire right under their ass. You should be able to speak to someone there who will help you. There is no way you should not be able to close because the sellers aren't ready to move. They agreed on a closing date, they cannot move it without you signing something.

When we bought our house we went to do a walk through two hours before closing and they hadn't moved a damn thing. We said ****em and pushed the closing back three days. They couldn't close on their house then, which meant the next owners couldn't close on their house. Got some sob story from them. I guess in hind sight we could have closed, taken possession and then charged $100/hr rent until they got it moved and cleaned. People are stupid. Not you people, just other people.

Water. Beer later. Gotta be a good luck beer since we just put our house on the market today.

I am on speed dial at the local title company but they only call about residential deals when there is something blocking clear title that needs to be addressed. A quiet title action, a probate needs to be opened, etc. If something like that is not going on, the title guy just deals with it and no attorneys get involved. Quite frankly, I like it that way. I don't like holding someone's hand through a residential deal where nearly everything can be deal with via stock forms and a title search.

In NC, they view the closing of a loan as a practice of law. That attorney is not there to protect you or even the seller, they are merely there because the law requires them to be. If a loan is not closed with an attorney present then technically, the loan can still be closed if the lender is a full on moron. The reason being is that if the buyer defaults on their loan, the lender technically cannot foreclose as the closing was unlawful in the first place.

Some states view the loan closing as a practice of law and therefore, they are required to use an attorney. I assure you that we would all prefer not to have an attorney there as they serve no purpose for the buyer or seller. This is all about the lender.

When we bought our house we went to do a walk through two hours before closing and they hadn't moved a damn thing. We said ****em and pushed the closing back three days. They couldn't close on their house then, which meant the next owners couldn't close on their house. Got some sob story from them. I guess in hind sight we could have closed, taken possession and then charged $100/hr rent until they got it moved and cleaned. People are stupid. Not you people, just other people.

Water. Beer later. Gotta be a good luck beer since we just put our house on the market today.

I totally get it, but in Dan's case, these sellers are in breach of contract. It appears that there is are at least two parties contributing to this bull**** and at that point, he should flex his muscles and talk to the DFS (department of financial services). The DFS is there for that, among other things, and he is not going to be wasting their time. In fact, I have it on good authority that they charged a lender 2.5 million dollars for their investigation fee and fined them another 1 million which goes to consumers. That 2.5 mill goes to the DFS, not consumers. They can stand to do their job and help the little guy...since that is what they seem to pride themselves on so much. ;)

Dan and his wife should not have to go through this and if they do, they should at least be able to dictate terms as the offer to buy was made, it was accepted, and escrow must close.

Oh I am drinking cherry coke waiting for my boss to call me. :( I'm pretty nervous.

I am on speed dial at the local title company but they only call about residential deals when there is something blocking clear title that needs to be addressed. A quiet title action, a probate needs to be opened, etc. If something like that is not going on, the title guy just deals with it and no attorneys get involved. Quite frankly, I like it that way. I don't like holding someone's hand through a residential deal where nearly everything can be deal with via stock forms and a title search.

Yeah. Check the probate. Why, my Uncle Thumper had a problem with HIS probate, and he had to take these big pills, and drink lots of water.

@skeezerpleezer is that your bro with Bill?

1656035_10204466999733598_4313585167661032430_n.jpg

I see what you did there

Yeah, it was a sex change joke.

Get it? Like, because his wood will be gone... so it'll be imaginary.

And, "Vacation" to "Colorado" means that he's not going to Colorado, but instead is going to the hospital to have a sex change because that's what everyone else has been saying to him and I wanted to seem cool. So actually, it'll be the surgery and recovery period where he is pretending to be on vacation, but really he's not going anywhere.

And, "Vacation" to "Colorado" means that he's not going to Colorado, but instead is going to the hospital to have a sex change because that's what everyone else has been saying to him and I wanted to seem cool. So actually, it'll be the surgery and recovery period where he is pretending to be on vacation, but really he's not going anywhere.

I still dont get it. :confused:

I still dont get it. :confused:

Well, a lot of times when people have plastic surgery, they're all embarrassed to tell people that's what they're doing, so they'll say they are going on vacation (that was the vacation part I talked about) and then come back with big old knockers or like, had a chopadichtoffame or addadicktome (medical terms, read a book).

So, basically what I was doing was jumping on the bandwagon of people making fun of you with the sex change due to your lack of drinking lately to further boost my social status here or at least letting everyone know that I'm "hip with the regs" and can hang.

I don't know if that worked or not, but explaining it probably helps a little bit just in case anyone didn't know what I was talking about, but now you probably all get it and I can sit back and just watch the likes roll in.

Thanks,

-Psylocide.

Well, a lot of times when people have plastic surgery, they're all embarrassed to tell people that's what they're doing, so they'll say they are going on vacation (that was the vacation part I talked about) and then come back with big old knockers or like, had a chopadichtoffame or addadicktome (medical terms, read a book).

So, basically what I was doing was jumping on the bandwagon of people making fun of you with the sex change due to your lack of drinking lately to further boost my social status here or at least letting everyone know that I'm "hip with the regs" and can hang.

I don't know if that worked or not, but explaining it probably helps a little bit just in case anyone didn't know what I was talking about, but now you probably all get it and I can sit back and just watch the likes roll in.

Thanks,

-Psylocide.

Oh, hi. I didn't know you were here.

Wait. Who are you again?

:D

Thanks,

-Psylocide.

You need a Busch light something feirce.

Thanks,

-Psylocide.

Haha. I guess I didnt get it the first time because medical terms were not used. thanks for that.

Back