What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing my American Brown/ Scottish ale hybrid (Kelly's Drooling Scottish Moose) and fixin' to pop my first Maudite...can't wait :tank:

Im Bottling so im drinking what im bottling right now a coffee stout (Non-Carbonated) .....

This will be a good one i can tell!!

OOH, love me some Old Rasputin!!

Having one right now! I have been in the depths of an RIS addiction. Lately I've enjoyed NEBC Imperial Stout Trooper, Smuttynose IS & Great Divide's Yeti Espresso Oak Aged IS. I think it is all this friggin' cold weather and the lack of sun.

Drinking my freshly kegged IPA. My first recipe done entirely by myself. Not a bad session beer if I don't say so myself @ 6.8%

I just finished a brew day for a Pale Ale

I opened a bottle of Stone Guardian Barley Wine. Whoa!

It was made like a barley wine using belgium yeast. I'm not particularly fond of barley wine but I gotta say this is great!. 12%ABV so a bomber served 3 of us!

Dude, I love me some big ass beers, but if you consider 6.8% a session beer you are tougher man than I :tank:

I generally don't drink anything less than around 9%. Lowest ABV beer in the house is this one. My last brew was 10%.... drank Dogfish Fort the other night. That is 18%... lastnight went to The Petrol Station (google it) and drank an 11% double stout and a 10.5% Oskar Blue Ten Fidy. I know ABV is meaningless for what dictates "good" beer, but I've just become so accustomed to "big" beers. :drunk::D

Drinking SN Celebration. I got the last 12 pack at the bodega. I also bought 24 SN bigfoots to cellar until next Christmas.

I just have to brag a little. Had a tasting tonight and got to try some oldies. 1992 and 1993 Courage Russian Imperial Stout and some very nice bottles of 1999 and 2001 Westvleteren 12. Not my first time trying these, but they all were very good for their age.

stone ruination... Not as bitter as expected

Stone...bitter....what??:confused:;) Ruination is the only palatable IPA Stone has IMO: their other beers are WAY too expensive for what they are (at least in the East coast: I have had them in California, so I know that I still think that fresh Ruination is their best beer). This evening I have drunk my coffee oatmeal imperial stout, sampled an IPA I'm carbing up now, had a Hopsecutioner, and am now drinking a rye whiskey as a night cap....and I'm still pondering maybe another drink:cross:

I bottled my bum cider today and didn't have enough room for all of it (oops). Drinking the left over tonight, and it's not too bad at all. I've had expensive wine that tastes much worse.

Just snuck a pint of my 12% Mad Scientist Ale. SSSSHHHH don't tell SWMBO... "It's the same beer babe!"

a sniffer (12oz) of my IPA.... then another... then an Old Resputan Russian Imerial Stout... then some Dogfish Red & White followed by the last bit of Red & White then it is bed time. I am being cut off.

Having one of my barleywine, Cheers to Revvy, hoping on a quick recovery! :mug:

Sampling my pilsner after one week of bottle time. New to brewing and curious.

Soooo, how is it? I don't know ANYONE who didn't sneak some of their first batch...Hell, I STILL sneak bottles after a week :D I think it helps you learn how the beer changes as it carbs, mellows, and comes into its own.

Welcome to your new obsession :mug:

TANSTAAFB said:
Soooo, how is it? I don't know ANYONE who didn't sneak some of their first batch...Hell, I STILL sneak bottles after a week :D I think it helps you learn how the beer changes as it carbs, mellows, and comes into its own.

Welcome to your new obsession :mug:

Well...other than being pretty flat, it's pretty good! Much more body and mouthfeel than any pilsner I've ever had and much more flavor. Only bummer is that it seems a bit on the sweet side. Hopefully that will subside as it conditions another couple of weeks.

Just stole a sample of my 9.3% Imperial IPA that's been dry hopping on 2oz of Citra for a week. I could drink this straight out of the carbouy, it's so good.

Back