How long will this take to absorb?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanHolton

Reaction score
I filled a keg damn full. So full I'm afraid I may be above the gas in tube. I hit it with 30 psi to seat the lid, then removed the gas line and put the keg in the fridge. How long will it take for that CO2 to be absorbed to the point where pressure in the keg is below 10psi? Will that even happen? I want it lower so that when I put the CO2 back on it to carb at 10psi, I don't get beer in my gas line. Is this sound logic? The beer was at 49 degrees F when I kegged, and the fridge is at 38. It's been in there since Thursday mid-day.

Thanks!

I filled a keg damn full. So full I'm afraid I may be above the gas in tube. I hit it with 30 psi to seat the lid, then removed the gas line and put the keg in the fridge. How long will it take for that CO2 to be absorbed to the point where pressure in the keg is below 10psi? Will that even happen? I want it lower so that when I put the CO2 back on it to carb at 10psi, I don't get beer in my gas line. Is this sound logic? The beer was at 49 degrees F when I kegged, and the fridge is at 38. It's been in there since Thursday mid-day.

Thanks!

I always just keep my regulator set at between 10-12 psi and hook it up and set it and forget it..wait two weeks and she is good to go...I think if you hook it up you should be good, if your worried about get beer in your CO2 lines add a check valve. All the best. :mug:

If you're worried release the pressure on the keg first then hook it up the CO2 at 10psi. there is no way of knowing how much co2 was absorbed.

If you're worried release the pressure on the keg first then hook it up the CO2 at 10psi. there is no way of knowing how much co2 was absorbed.

Hmm... Okay. I'd rather not do that because I'd be afraid of losing my seal and getting a leak in the system. I've had that happen before (old kegs), but it's worth a shot. I'm sure if I just wait a week or so that would be enough time for the headspace to equalize with the beer.

Thanks for the response!

Latest posts

Back