big ass texas brown ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull

Reaction score
well i finnally got to bottle up my texas brown ale, and i tested the fg ,it was a respectable1.016,started at 1.072,i really thought i messed it up ,because it had been in the secondary for 6 weeks .but i saved back a halve a cup of it to taste test ,WOW,about 15 seconds after i drank it my face got warm then the warm feeling went through my body like a hot volcano,lmao,i really didnt expect it to turn out like that but ,its cool its almost winter here ,and itll be a damn good beer for setting at the fireplace and kicking back ,it also had a very smooth chocolate taste and a coffee like finish so i am pleased with it ,i did add a little dry yeast to the bottles before i filled them cause it stayed so long in the secondary ,,anyone have a comment on that ? your beer bud bull .next up a american cream ale .,,,,,,,,,,11/04/07:rockin:

Well post the recipe Tex! Get crackin! :D

I did a Texas Tan a while back. Big & Hoppy. Sounds like it's time to do another one.

Latest posts

Back