What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Side by sided my very first ever homebrew, an English brown ale, with Newcastle. Mine is on the left. It's less clear, obviously, but the depth of the mug versus the depth of the newcastle class contributed to that partially. Being completely honest, I think my brew SMELLS better, and the head has better quality/is a lot creamier. Unfortunately, though, the high-ish temperatures (my apartment was ~70 degrees during fermentation), brought on a significant amount of off flavors that mask all the normal brown ale flavors that SHOULD be present. Oh well, that's an excuse to do another brew with lessons learned once this wheat beer is out of the fermenter (which is being chilled in a water bath for the first week!)! I'm also making sure I don't make the mistake of EVER throwing away pop-top bottles again, so I can REALLY expand this pipeline! :rockin: I really love those cool Hoegaarden bottles with the flair in the neck, even though I'm not the *biggest* fan of the citrusy flavor.

Oh, and I've moved onto Schlafly Pale Ale. Man, I need to brew in THIS style too. So much beer, not enough fermentation, bottle, and stomach space! I have so many things I want to throw into my pipeline, but as an Aerospace Engineering student, I can't (mentally) afford getting buzzed all the freaking time, and I don't want to give out homebrews until I know they're GOOD.

sidebyside.jpg

Im there too. Have about 6 cases I rotate all ready too rock and roll

Im at the point where I have to recycle them for pickup, and Im pretty shure I never have to worry about delabeling ever again in my future brewing history(Does this even make floccing sense?). I kinda didn't realize what a massive small batch pipeline I had created over a few years. I toss out the ones Im too lazy to rinse the night before or day after for fear of crustization.

Leinenkugel's Canoe Paddler. Kolsh style with rye.

My wife left to go shopping earlier today. I told her to buy me something nice. She bought me a six pack of this beer. I've had four so far.

She bought me something nice. A very good beer.

What kind of oats did you use, Jill?

From what I've read, oats either have to be pre-cooked in some fashion (which, depending on brand/type, they are), or mashed with some base malt.

(edit - formatting/punctuation)

I bought it from liquor store in Atlanta so no recipe here :) good stuff though!

I had 3 homebrews and now I'm passing out from the NyQuil/ipa mix. And I don't want to **** to get weird without anyone here with me. Lol. So a pint of water and a ramen it is for me for the rest of the night

So its possible you may **** the bed? Sounds like Depends(diaper) or a friend? Not shure about that ramen msg dinner though. good luck.

Im at the point where I have to recycle them for pickup, and Im pretty shure I never have to worry about delabeling ever again in my future brewing history(Does this even make floccing sense?). I kinda didn't realize what a massive small batch pipeline I had created over a few years. I toss out the ones Im too lazy to rinse the night before or day after for fear of crustization.

I hear ya. I wanna keg but not dyin to. Have it streamlined to where I bottle 5 gallons in about 30 minutes

So its possible you may **** the bed? Sounds like Depends(diaper) or a friend? Not shure about that ramen msg dinner though. good luck.

I don't know which 4 letter body movement you meant but both are a definate possibility when you factor in the ramen I'm gonna leave a **** before I konk out for the night. Ill leave that to your imagination. Haha.

In "celebration" of getting my 2013 tax returns and Q1 estimated taxes all dealt with, I've been replacing all the lost blood by riffling through my taplist from end to end and back again. I've been drinking since 6PM, downed (counts fingers) at least 11 pints (done the wheat twice now) and I'm still...pretty much functional (although, let's face it, "Unsafe At Any Speed" ;) )

If I make it all the way back to the Stout again, tomorrow is going to be a complete veg-out day...

Cheers! :drunk:

Stone Double Bastard... were these limited release or something? The beer store acted like they were hard to get. Maybe they were just sold out.
Anyways, it's a pretty good beer but maybe a little hot, can definitely taste the 11.2%.

1396155911592.jpg

Well i got a call about a hour ago from a co worker... Him his gf a friend and another co worker were in some trouble at a bowling alley down the road... I got in my car went and got them and took then home... I know i should not have drove but i know you all will attest when a friends in trouble i am going.... I guess cops were there and said get rides home... My real problem Is do i tell my gf who's been fast asleep for hours i left and Gave a girl... Who she hates... A ride home

Well i got a call about a hour ago from a co worker... Him his gf a friend and another co worker were in some trouble at a bowling alley down the road... I got in my car went and got them and took then home... I know i should not have drove but i know you all will attest when a friends in trouble i am going.... I guess cops were there and said get rides home... My real problem Is do i tell my gf who's been fast asleep for hours i left and Gave a girl... Who she hates... A ride home

Nope. If you went there drove them home and went straight back to your place I'd let that slide. Now if you were shot gunning beers with them and hit a grav and may yak in your sleep then it may be wise to fess up

Nope. If you went there drove them home and went straight back to your place I'd let that slide. Now if you were shot gunning beers with them and hit a grav and may yak in your sleep then it may be wise to fess up

Wish i read that before i woke her up like a moron and told her cause i felt guilty... I may be single soon

I wish I had gotten to it sooner. You'll be alright. I fight with my old lady every other weekend because she hates when I go to my buddy's house cause she doesn't like his sister. Just sling some d.lol. And in my case I have to explain to her that my grizzly Adams ass isn't on the menu for 99.9 percent of women out there. Lol and the .01% are probably in prison (stole that line from jase on duck dynasty) she hasn't picked up on it yet. Lol

In "celebration" of getting my 2013 tax returns and Q1 estimated taxes all dealt with, I've been replacing all the lost blood by riffling through my taplist from end to end and back again. I've been drinking since 6PM, downed (counts fingers) at least 11 pints (done the wheat twice now) and I'm still...pretty much functional (although, let's face it, "Unsafe At Any Speed" ;) )

If I make it all the way back to the Stout again, tomorrow is going to be a complete veg-out day...

Cheers! :drunk:

Unsafe at any speed? Sounds like a fun night to me. About right for me :rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqXm7dzFL8k

somehow i'll survive - i've got to live
`cuz that's the only thing that makes me feel alive
we are UNSAFE AT ANY SPEEE-EEEEED
:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

Coff.

Sent from the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

Coffee.

Breakfast is on the table for six 9yr old boys after a successful sleepover night.

"Who wants a cup of coffee?"

"OOH OOH!" They all raise their hands.

"Nope. Sorry. Drink your orange juice."

Picked up a 4 pack last night on my way back from NYC. This one is very nice. The hops and the dark malt character just blend so well together. I haven't had many commercial black IPAs, but this is one of the better ones I've had. Santa Fe's is really nice, too.

Coff.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396189789.223499.jpg

Just moved four cases of now-carbed home brew down to the basement.

Picked up a 4 pack last night on my way back from NYC. This one is very nice. The hops and the dark malt character just blend so well together. I haven't had many commercial black IPAs, but this is one of the better ones I've had. Santa Fe's is really nice, too.

Starting early?

Had some of these around NYE. Not bad!

A very tasty beer courtesy of LemonJelly (from Beer Forum). Graham crackers, chocolate, roast, vanilla. It's really a great beer. I could do with a little less alcoholic heat, though.

More Coff. I've had too much Coff. Waiting til the clock strikes 12 so I can start hammering beers.

Back