Brewed Edwort's porter saturday..dry hop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lehr

Reaction score
I brewed Edwort's porter this weekend everything went great all my temps were spot on and it's fermenting at 63 degrees...Any thoughts on dry hopping
I have magnum chinook cascade and centennial avalable.

Let me know what you think good..bad or indifferent .

Thanks Pat

I can't think of an ale I wouldn't dry hop, but that's me. What do you want in it for aroma? I personally can't stand the grapefruit in cascade, but love the citrus of centennial. Chinook's a bit sharp for a lone DH to me.

I'd leave the magnum for the next bittering.

Dry hopping roasty beers can be tricky IMO. You have a strong roast aroma already, and you want to choose a hop that will compliment and not compete with the roast. So, given what you have on hand I would choose Centennial first and Chinook second.

Well I just kegged this off I tasted a sample before it was carbed and it's damn good. I force carbed it for a few days so I can take it to our brew club meeting tonight. I can't wait to get home and have a carbed sample :mug:

I love that recipe and dont think dry hopping would make it better.... however you could finish the first half of the keg and dry hop the last half just to check it out..
Let me know if it tastes better that way..

I love that recipe and dont think dry hopping would make it better.... however you could finish the first half of the keg and dry hop the last half just to check it out..
Let me know if it tastes better that way..

I have 13 gallons so may be I'll dry hop the short keg...good idea !

Thanks Pat

Back