Looking for ideas to replace my Perlick 525's...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratslinger

Reaction score
Long story short - my aging Perlick's have become unreliable over the past several months, I've lost a keg or two of beer due to blown seals - even AFTER rebuilding them all with better gaskets as per another thread I found here...

So - what's a good faucet these days, that's relatively easy to obtain? I've read about a couple different designs over the past few months that sound fantastic, but it sounded like they were hard to come by in the US.

In short: I'm looking for a good quality, low maintenance faucet. Forward-sealing is probably a must, something that's easy to clean would be good - and something that doesn't just spontaneously pop a seal and drain half a keg all over my basement is an absolute must.

I picked up some Intertap faucets because I needed a stout faucet with a shorter handle, which my freezer door could clear it. The nozzle on the Intertap can unscrew and be replaced with a stout faucet nozzle. My 525's worked flawlessly, but I was happy with the Intertaps and ended up replacing all the Perlicks.

I can in here to mention Intertaps.

Friend has One, and it has a nice feel, and no drips like the Perlick he replaced. (has 2 perlicks, 1 always dripped from new, one doesn't. .

Thanks for the input, folks! After a little research based on this and other advice, I decided to go with a set of Intertaps, with the spring-loaded auto-shutoff feature. Hoping that's a bit of a belt-and-suspenders approach to avoid repeating the same failure I've run into a couple times now with the 525's.

Back