source of quick disconnects other than McMaster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyAB

Reaction score
Hello all.

Could somebody recommend a source of quick disconnects? Unfortunately McMaster-Carr won't sell to a Canadian customer even if the shipping address is in the US. :mad: I really hate that company for the way they treat Canadians, but their selection is pretty #$%# good.

I'm assuming you're talking about the disconnects you would use on things like your brewing hoses, not keg disconnects?

Lots of us like the camlocks you can buy from proflowdynamics.com (and a lot of other places).

CamlockAll.jpg

No idea if they'd ship to Canada, but it's an avenue worth exploring. Pretty sure Keg Cowboy was selling them, as was Bargain Fittings. Think I saw them at Austin Homebrew Supply. Figure SOMEONE's got to be willing to ship across the border.

Bobby_M has some good videos posted on YouTube on these, if you're interested I can find the links. Or, just search the site for "camlocks," there have been a lot of discussions on them lately.

Thanks for the leads fellas. The disconnects are for plumbing the brewing hoses, not a keg system. I'll look for the camlocks. I'm not familiar with this kind of fitting. Are they nice to use?

Thanks again. Ordered from Austin Homebrew today. Would have ordered from Bargain Fittings but they don't ship to Canada either.

you will NOT be disappointed in the camlock fittings. I hear replacing the gaskets with silicone O-rings makes connecting them super easy.

however I haven't had any problems connecting mine.

-=jason=-

Yeah, the o-rings that come with the camlocks make them hard to actually connect, and I'm not sure they're food grade (they have a VERY strong aroma, and people have boiled them in water and the flavor has been imparted in the water). I bought a 25-pack of silicone replacements from oringsandmore.com, the size 210 ones. Food-grade and they help the camlocks seal easier. Shipping the US was cheap, the O-rings were like $3 and the shipping was $2. Again, not sure about the Canada thing... but you WILL want to replace the "standard" seals that come with the camlocks.

Latest posts

Back