LME $2.50 a pound

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crabbynanna

Reaction score
I am just a beginning brewer and I don't want to get into anything big right now. LHBS where I live are not that great. I have found a little website that sells LME for $2.50 a pound but you have to spend at least $10 per order. They don't have a large selection but if you are not into "fancy", you should check them out.

These guys are fantastic and their customer service is awesome. Check it out and shoot them an email if you have any questions. They have been so nice to me.

http://www.brewabeer.com/ :rockin:

Just out of curiosity, does their LME have a brand? The pictures show unlabeled containers so there's no way to determine who makes it and I wonder if there is a date on those containers as well.

1.10 for two row is killer....but.....Shipping @ 30.00 kills the attractive price....I will continue to support my LHBS...but it might be good for some...thanks

Just out of curiosity, does their LME have a brand? The pictures show unlabeled containers so there's no way to determine who makes it and I wonder if there is a date on those containers as well.

You could send them an email and ask. They are pretty quick to reply. Their phone number is also listed on their website.

Hopefully it isn't like their hops. First 2 I clicked on were 2011 & 2012 crop. Pass.

I don't think they update their website very well. I wasn't able to order one item. I went back and checked and its still listed. That did kind of bug me. Send them an email and ask them about it.

1.10 for two row is killer....but.....Shipping @ 30.00 kills the attractive price....I will continue to support my LHBS...but it might be good for some...thanks

That's what I thought too until I scrolled down and saw the priority mail option for $9.90.

Does anyone else sell LME in one pound containers online?

Originally Posted by mongoose33 View Post

You could send them an email and ask. They are pretty quick to reply. Their phone number is also listed on their website.

I suppose I could but when they post a pic of a nondescript container that looks like it's been filled from a larger one, no label, no anything, it's just a little...weird.

Not sure why you're so hepped up on promoting this site, but to each his own.

I hate websites where you can't see shipping charges without creating an account.

That said, $2.50 for a pound of LME is pretty OK, but do figure in your shipping, which undoubtedly will raise the per pound price.

During my extract days I used to buy bulk Briess LME tapped into heavy plastic bags at my local LHBS for around $3.25 a pound, even less at higher quantities.

Freshness is an important factor, old LME tastes from stale to awful! Many brewers say they prefer DME over LME, although I never had any reason to discount LME, but I was getting it very fresh. Now the canned stuff I had never an attraction to. DME can last for years without any problems. If you brew a lot, maybe get into a local bulk buy. DME at our bulk buy here runs around $2.25 a pound, by the 50# sack. Or start getting into all grain.

It pays to shop around and also keep in mind that your local source maybe the better solution for certain items.

Until midnight you can get a 36 pound case of LME for $2.11 a pound which includes shipping. 15% off site wide except for a few items.

Back