Amber ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akardcd

Reaction score
I have been an amber ale kit, but the man at the brew store said I also needed another can of malt...so..I have a can of amber and a can of regular malt...seems like too much?

what size batch are you making? How many pounds of malt are in each can?

They are both 5 lbs. This would only be my second batch, so I am unsure of the quantity it will produce...I was expecting 6 or 7 gallons?

Ok...I was mistaken...got home and looked....I have a muntons connoisseurs bock beer kit. 40 pints...the guy at the brew shop said I needed a can of amber malt extract. So I got a 1.5 kg can of it. It has no directions. Just malt...again....just seems like too much

Ok...I was mistaken...got home and looked....I have a muntons connoisseurs bock beer kit. 40 pints...the guy at the brew shop said I needed a can of amber malt extract. So I got a 1.5 kg can of it. It has no directions. Just malt...again....just seems like too much

I think the cans are 3.3 pounds? Is that 1.5 KG? If so, then you need two to make a full batch of beer.

So yeah, 6.6 lbs of malt extract for a 5 gallon batch will get you an Original Gravity of just under 1.050, which sounds fine.

Cheers!

Back