Where can you get a glass of beer for 1 USD?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only on special. I know of a number of bars that serve cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon for $1 on happy hour or on certain days. Cans count right?

University Bar, Chico CA on Wednesdays. They have quite a selection of Chico-only Sierra Nevada drafts, or did when I last went.

Pretty much any bar in the vicinity of a college or university in Milwaukee, WI has dollar domestics at some point during the week.

Yup. Any day of the week you can probably find $1 cans or domestic taps at at least one campus-area bar in Madison. Hard to find anything decent though.

Ha! I love how the Wisconsinites are the first to respond. Ditto to all the above.

The small Brewpub I chronicalled in the smallest brewpub thread has most of their beers for a little bit more.

73921_450050724066_620469066_5403063_3376655_n.jpg

On Thursdays they are a dollar. Plus you get a cheesburger (with homemade bun) fries and a pint for 5.00

In Alberta Canada the legislated price for a glass of beer is around $4 minimum. People wonder why I homebrew....

Local pizza place by me (Luciano's in White Oak PA) has $1 dollar yuengling 10 oz pours at happy hour.

When I was in college at Penn State one of the clubs had "nickel" night - pay a $6 cover and get all domestic drafts or well drinks for 5 cents a piece. That was a Wednesday special, I remember not going to a lot of Thursday classes my Junior year, and then scheduling around it my Senior year. Wow do I miss college.

I think the airfare will kill any cost savings of flying over here for $1 beers. Or are you looking for a good place to relocate to? :D

If you want to wait about 6 months, I know a few places that have 50 cent coronas for Cinco de Mayo.

There used to be a bar in Tempe next to ASU that had 50 cent Coronas every Thursday. They got busted for tax evasion though....

Denver Colorado, the Hilltop Tavern near St. Regis University. $1.00 PBR on tap during the summer semester, $1.50 the other two ($2.00 during spring break if the weather is bad enough to keep the students in the dorms)
If anyone actually goes there, the pool tables suck, the back deck is never cleaned, and I think the PBR keg is kept in a cabinet... but the clientele are polite, and the selection of spirits is extensive.

Next question for you dollar beer swillers--who else has a bar in town where you can get 1 dollar cans and unlimited free bacon on Tuesdays?

Well, since you said "country" in your original post, that leaves it open to a ton places where you can still get a beer for 1 USD. The places I've been to that fit that bill include Guatemala, rural Peru, and Prague ($0.37 for a huge stein of beer although this was in '99. I'm sure a normal pint in many Czech areas are still $1.00 or less, though I could be wrong).

If you're visiting a second or third world country and drinking the local beer, you have a good chance of getting a beer for $1 US. Doesn't mean it will be great, but that's another thing altogether.

When i was stationed in texas a couple years back used to get 10 cent longnecks before 11 on thursdays!. Needless to say... fridays were not very cheerful days...lol

I am pretty sure you can get beer for $1 or less in China still, although the economy there has been growing along with prices for alcohol and whatnot.

PK's in carbondale 1$ PBR everyday and 1$ 16oz can on saterday or 2$ Ranger IPA everyday.

You still may get a glass of great beer in Prague for 1.25 USD. Pilsner Urquell is for 1.50.

Guiness in Dublin costs usually 4.50 Eur. :(

There are about four bars around University of Nevada that have $1 drafts for a couple beers and $0.50 for a can of PBR or a bottle of Rolling Rock.

Well I see the majority of places is around the universities. It must have been really hard to study there. ;)

Hell, when I was in college in the mid-90s, we'd go to a place that had a $5 cover and $1 pitchers all night. I think they still do that.

Up until recently, there was a local place called Burgers and Brew that had gourmet burgers and and beer. Burgers were gourmet cuz they had buffalo, ostrich, you name it. But they had a couple of beers on draft.. one of which they had their own name on.. but it was an PA made by Firestone.. was real good. Now the brews are $2 a pint.. still, PA, Bud, Shocktop, Oatmeal Stout, Porter and others. Also a variety of bottled beers. Tough to beat still.

I remember going to a bar in Wildwood NJ that had 5 glasses of beer for $1. Can't remember the name or where, but still remember having to buy 5 at-a-time.

Local place here had 1 dollar brew and on their grand opening I had a coupon for 1/2 off drinks that night. I paid 50 cents a tap beer. Leinies but still fiddy cents.

Otherwise a lot of the VFW's and American Legions have very cheap beer.

4.72$ for a growler re-fill? Is the beer any good? Hell at that price I'd come into the pub and drink a few growlers at the bar.

Yeah.....I'm sure the bargain questioned in the OP is possible, just not sure I'd want to drink what's up at that price. The local watering hole we favor has a couple of macros on tap, and has pints of PBR on Sunday for $2, along with a pretty stiff shot of Jameson for $3. But since I don't drink either of those.....

Every once in a while they'll be moving some kegs out that they have too many of, and a pint of that beer will be $3. They recently had a Stone promotion and were doing that, and I was drinking a bunch of that stuff.....Arrogant Bastard, indeed.

moti_mo said:
Well, since you said "country" in your original post, that leaves it open to a ton places where you can still get a beer for 1 USD. The places I've been to that fit that bill include Guatemala, rural Peru, and Prague ($0.37 for a huge stein of beer although this was in '99. I'm sure a normal pint in many Czech areas are still $1.00 or less, though I could be wrong).

If you're visiting a second or third world country and drinking the local beer, you have a good chance of getting a beer for $1 US. Doesn't mean it will be great, but that's another thing altogether.

I was in Prague in 09 and the beer was both delicious and cheap. At quite a few places beer was under a dollar. The Koruna is like a magic money multiplier though, we bought some leather shoes while we were there that were about five bucks.

Back