What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20130618_203738_HDR_Hagrid_Hagrid.jpg

Another beautiful night at "camp" (the old house) IPA from my BIL. not bad, kinda lacks the aroma I wanted in it, but it's got good flavor

TNGabe, Nuzzle, Osomoto2000, I would love to. unfortunately for y'all (but very fortunately for me) that's way too close to our vacation week. we always take the same week & go to Sheridan Lake in the Black Hills for our anniversary.

just had a Black Widow Oatmeal Stout. now I'm having another of my Simcoe Pale.

Wow, South Dakota. Do you get her the same dust buster as a gift every year, too? Did you take her to North Dakota one year and now South Dakota doesn't seem that bad? The nicest place in the whole state is called the Badlands. What does that say about the rest of it?

Wow, South Dakota. Do you get her the same dust buster as a gift every year, too? Did you take her to North Dakota one year and now South Dakota doesn't seem that bad? The nicest place in the whole state is called the Badlands. What does that say about the rest of it?

easy, cowboy. anything outside the Black Hills area sucks donkey text messages. and eff ND. that place is a waste land. my in-laws have been going to Sheridan Lake every year since my wife was a little girl. it also happens to be the same week of our anniversary. we got married in Thrashes Living Art in Rapid City by one of my artists.

TNGabe said:

Hahahaha

Gonna drop a bomb on you guys, a hop bomb that is...
Got a few bottles of this, and a couple of Growler fills also.
The bottle says, "A stage dive into a mosh pit of hops"
After tasting it, I believe it.

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

easy, cowboy. anything outside the Black Hills area sucks donkey text messages. and eff ND. that place is a waste land. my in-laws have been going to Sheridan Lake every year since my wife was a little girl. it also happens to be the same week of our anniversary. we got married in Thrashes Living Art in Rapid City by one of my artists.

Ever since that snow storm on the interstate, I've kinda hated South Dakota. Not bad enough to shut I-90, just bad enough that 30 was top speed for the entire state.

And then there was that bison when I was 'on tour' as it were in the Badlands.

Ever since that snow storm on the interstate, I've kinda hated South Dakota. Not bad enough to shut I-90, just bad enough that 30 was top speed for the entire state.

That's cute. You sure you want to move to Maine?

you didn't try to feed it, did you? you know those fences they put up to keep the bison in? they don't work. they just make the tourists feel safe. if they want through, they will just walk through. I pregnant bison can turn a van on its side.

don't feed the bison!

Channel66 said:
That's cute. You sure you want to move to Maine?

I don't think Maine has those snow drift fences on the highway. Or bison that mess with kids on drugs.

Billy-Klubb said:
you didn't try to feed it, did you? you know those fences they put up to keep the bison in? they don't work. they just make the tourists feel safe. if they want through, they will just walk through. I pregnant bison can turn a van on its side.

don't feed the bison!

No, I was opening my third eye when it decided to come hang out. I was the only person at the south unit campground at badlands and apparently bison like the posts for the picnic table canopies as scratching posts. Hadn't thought about that in years,

image-1546476092.jpg

Weyerbacher 17. Loved this beer on draft. Didnt like the bottle I opened so I've been saving the rest for about a year now. Hasn't changed much. Like most 10% beers I don't initially like, it's getting better as I drink it. The citrus zest and peppercorns accentuate the alcohol sweetness.

I don't think Maine has those snow drift fences on the highway. Or bison that mess with kids on drugs.

Haha, no we don't bother with the fences. For the most part we just leave the snow on the road until it stops snowing. What's a couple of feet on the highway anyway? And no bison just moose.

Boiling up some early strawberries, and a metric ton of rhubarb. Added a bit of sugar too to bring the saison up a few points, it's sitting at a bug lowered 1.001 before the addition.

Haha, no we don't bother with the fences. For the most part we just leave the snow on the road until it stops snowing. What's a couple of feet on the highway anyway? And no bison just moose.

Boiling up some early strawberries, and a metric ton of rhubarb. Added a bit of sugar too to bring the saison up a few points, it's sitting at a bug lowered 1.001 before the addition.

I'm used to a few feet of snow and moose from living in Idaho. The fences aren't for a couple feet of snow, they're to stop ten foot plus drifts from blowing across the highway.

Why are you boiling your fruit? Making jam?

I'm used to a few feet of snow and moose from living in Idaho. The fences aren't for a couple feet of snow, they're to stop ten foot plus drifts from blowing across the highway.

Why are you boiling your fruit? Making jam?

Kinda. Thought it would be easier to deal with that way. I'm probably way off base though. I added just enough water to cover the fruit, and I held off on my candi sugar addition until now so I wasn't just adding a bunch of fruit and water to my beer. We will see how it works.

And I'm familiar with drift fences, there are places around here with them, just not much on the highway. We have these crazy things called trees for that.

Edit: half an hour later it's already got my airlock going crazy. Those friggen bugs are hard workers.

DisturbdChemist said:
Toasting this to my Grandpa. He is not doing good in the hospital and do not want him to suffer. You been an amazing grandpa. Love you papa.

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope he does not suffer. I will raise a beer in his honor, even though I've never met him!

No pic forgot to because the inside food fridge took a crap oh well looks like a ferm chamber In the works now. Oh yea had me an awesome victory storm king imperial stout I love this beer it's so smooth and tasty with the perfect amount of hoppiness

1fast636 said:
No pic forgot to because the inside food fridge took a crap oh well looks like a ferm chamber In the works now. Oh yea had me an awesome victory storm king imperial stout I love this beer it's so smooth and tasty with the perfect amount of hoppiness

Victory storm king is awesome! I'd love to try the BA version when/if they do that again!

Back