Got a new carboy from the MIL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My MIL goes to garage sales and picks up all kinds of junk. Just to fill her own garage. About 3 weeks ago in her garage I spotted a really old 5 gallon carboy in a pouring cradle and it also has a screw on cap. I asked what she was planning on doing with this the bottle.

She goes, "Oh Nothing". I ask if I can have it but she wants to know what I'll do with it first. I tell her its for beer making. She's like OK. Then goes on warning it me that it might be dangerous. Saying "Who knows whats been in the thing. "

I'm like yah, OK.... So last week, while visiting, I told her its all cleaned out and sanitized and is currently filled with bleach water.

She goes I still don't think you need that.... "Once you open the darn thing don't you have to drink all of it?" I'm like what? I was busting up about this. I explained the reason for it to her then she's like OK.

Kind a funny.... This would be a whole new meaning to the saying, "Honey I'm only gonna have one!! :D

Lol that's funny. I kind of like seeing people's reactions to different things. You should have said "Well, mom we need something to get our love fests rolling!" :D

What gets me is, why on earth would anyone buy a carboy if they don't know what it is and what it's for?

I think she wanted to put pennies in the thing. Also think she has packrat problem going on and can never pass up a good deal. Its a good deal for me!!

Back