Cold plates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd vote for using it as a pre-chiller to an Immersion chiller, but I can see the restriction in flow might negate the benefit you would get from the drop in temperature achieved by using it as a pre chiller. Id bet they would be safe to run hot wort through, but I dont know how good they would be for this, because they are designed to cool beer from a jockey box.

I think the best way is to try to sell them, or trade and get a plate or CFC.

hhmmm I wonder if someone would be willing to trade straight up. Both plates for a wort chiller?? I will have to see what CL brings. I already baked them and passed water thru them, nothing came out (junk, water came out fine :) ) but I also know the guy who gave them to me and he was a bit a stickler. He use to have 3 pop draft coolers.

Ill have to give that a try. I Know there worth some cash and the one is real thick but to me I just want what I need.

Back