Induction Cooktop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incinerator

Reaction score
Have any of you ever used one? I might be able to get access to one and I'm pretty excited. They boil water some much faster!

Seen one, never used one. They look good. You can't burn anything on the burner area too so if you boil over, at least it doesn't stink like burnt malt.

Just remember the pot has to be steel or iron. Alum won't work on these.

I use two in my set-up (I got a steal on them). Your pots must be magnetic, some stainless steel is, some isn't. I use one for the HLT and one for the Mash Tun. It is great for step mashes - no danger of scorching. I don't use them for the boil, my ~1500 W units will only bring ~ 6 gal to a simmer. I do know they will boil 3 gal of tomato sauce just fine though if you are doing partial boil extract brews. If that is the case, they would work fabulously and your aren't stuck in the kitchen as you can simply plug them in wherever you want to brew

Latest posts

Back