Maple Syrup PPG??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeehillbrewer

Reaction score
I've been doing some digging on this today, but haven't found much. The only number I've gotten so far is 31ppg, but that seems awfully low for something that seems to be mostly sugar. Any one have a good number for what Grade B Maple Syrup might be?

Thanks in advance:mug:

I've been doing some digging on this today, but haven't found much. The only number I've gotten so far is 31ppg, but that seems awfully low for something that seems to be mostly sugar. Any one have a good number for what Grade B Maple Syrup might be?

Thanks in advance:mug:

Here is the best and most inexpensive way to determine this IMO.

Measure 1oz of maple syrup by weight, then add enough water to reach 8oz. by volume. Mix to be sure all the syrup is evenly disolved in the water. Measure the gravity of this solution to determine the PPG of "your" maple syrup.

Here is the best and most inexpensive way to determine this IMO.

Measure 1oz of maple syrup by weight, then add enough water to reach 8oz. by volume. Mix to be sure all the syrup is evenly disolved in the water. Measure the gravity of this solution to determine the PPG of "your" maple syrup.

I like it, that's a great idea. Thx:mug:

This process works for any fermentable that you want to determine the PPG for.
ie. LME, DME, Corn Sugar, Honey, Juice Concentrate, Syrup, Molasses

Latest posts

Back