ani ideas for a recipe for this extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnfever

Reaction score
My wife’s grandfather has been a inspiration to me on home brewing. He was telling me about a product that he use to use many moons ago. So I went to the local super market and picket up a can. It can with a recipe but it seems weak. One 2.2lb can and 2lbs of sugar for 5 gallons. Very basic but, I was hoping for ideas for this product. I do have a black berry flavoring for it. that’s about all I could think of.

Any ways here is a picture of what I am talikng about,

mail.jpg

Any ideas????

If you want to get a feel for what the malt extract is like just use 2 cans in a 5 gal batch. Or replace the sugar in the recipe with DME and add some hops in the boil.

Where are you getting this product from? I havn't seen anything like it.

Craig

You're right it will be weak and probably not all that good...we're more sophisticated now...;)

Grab a second can and drop the sugar...it'll be better.

Heat up 2 gals of water. Remove the pot form the heat. Pour the contents of the can in the pot and dissolve all the malt. Return the pot to the flame and boil for 5 mins. Remove from heat. Add to primary and top off to 5 gals.

That's about the best I can do for you.

Latest posts

Back