Kegging equipment question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
So i am taking the plunge into kegging and found a kit on www.kegconnection.com that i am thinking of getting here is the link 2 Keg Basic Keg Kit, Dispenses two kegs at once! (Separate Check Valves!)
Before i make this purchase i wanted to find out where is the best place to find an easily modifiable fridge that can host the type of system in the link above?
Also any tips for a newbie getting into this would be very helpful... I am taking baby steps!

Craigslist. :D

Seriously though, if you're looking to modify a fridge, I'd get better faucets (Perlicks or Ventmatics). The way that is set up, you could get a used fridge off Craigslist and place everything inside. The drawback would be having to open the door to get a beer, though.

I have a Sanyo 4912 with a two-tap tower and I know my next project will be a keezer (freezer converted to a kegerator). Just a thought.

EDIT: here's a good place to get some ideas: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show-us-your-kegerator-29053/

I second craigs list...Many many fridges can be converted to a kegerator...just yesterday I passed up an Avanti 9 CF fridge, probably could do 4 cornies, w/ a little freezer for hops as well? It was about 10 years old for 50 bucks? Those type apartment fridges seem like they would work well IMO.

Latest posts

Back