Got some very exciting, yet sad news yesterday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
I got notified that I will be leaving Dyess AFB in Abilene TX, to go to Osan AB in South Korea for a year! And after that I get a base of preference, meaning I fill out a list of where I want to go, and I have priority.

The sad part is, my family is 2.5 hours away and I would always come home once a month to see them. And I have some awesome friends here that I'm leaving behind.

Another sad part, no more brewing for a while. But it just dawned on me that while in Korea, I can still do 2 gal PM batches. I believe I still have 2 of the Mr Beer fermenters around here, at least I hope. If not I'm sure I can find some somewhere. I'll just have to have my family/friends ship me the grains, DME and dry yeast. :D

So yeah, very excited, but a little sad at the same time.

Make the most of your time in SK. Do your best to meet the people and understand the culture. When you get back in the civilian world travel to places like that is unlikely (are you a lifer?).

Mmm, I just thought of korean bbq. Good stuff.

Dude! I live in Abilene too... Pitosi area I brew AG about every other weekend!small world I work at Dyess too... Cool

Like passedpawn says, enjoy your "vacation" in SK as much as you can. Thankfully you can still brew there. When you get back you'll have it better than ever, and be much richer for the experience.

I just realized that I have about 2 lbs of hops that need to be sold now. I'm brewing my last batch for this year today, and I don't want these to go to waste. And I was looking forward to using all of this Simcoe :(

Latest posts

Back