• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a Digital Temperature Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chromados

Reaction score
Hello, I am in the process of building my fermentation chamber and am in need of new temperature controller. I was looking at the Johnston/Ranco thermostats as I am not confident at wiring (unless you have anything like Love Temperature controllers for dummies that can walk me through each step). I just figured I would check here before I bought a new one. So if you can help let me know what you have and what you are looking to get for it.

Thanks
Chromados

Edit: Sorry i speleed Controller wrong in the title. Whoops.

Love controllers are great and easy to wire. Here's something I found online.

http://blog.flaminio.net/blogs/index.php/beer/gadgets/love-ts-13010-temperature-switch-new-wir-2008

I've gotten a couple email on the new Love TS temp switches. They changed the wiring a bit. So, I thought I'd post a new graphic showing that wiring. Hope this helps some people out. Here's the original post on the controller itself.

In text, take the black wire from the wall plug to #8, run a short jumper from #8 to #10. Then, connect the black wire from the device plug to #11.

Then run a length of wire from #7 to the white wire from the wall plug, and splice that into the white wire from the device plug.

Then splice the green ground wire between the wall/device plugs together.

This configuration is the typical setup of device is unpowered when switched off. If, for some reason, you wanted to be on when the switch is off (and not used the menu option) you could connect the jumper to #9 instead of #10.

There you go!

hermswiring3.jpg

Back