Weird anomaly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trubadour

Reaction score
Whenever I open my brew closet door, the blowoff jars bubble, even if the beer is finished and no longer bubbling. I imagine it has something to do with co2 being pent up and released when the door opens, but I don't get how opening the door releases co2 from the blowoff tube.

Anybody ever notice this?

Yes, it happens to my brew-closet as well. The act of opening the door creates a vacuum inside the closet and air (or CO2) gets sucked out of the fermenters. Try opening the door real slowly and it probably won't bubble. Sometimes you gotta be sneaksy with beer.;)

you're scaring the little critters, open the door slowly, make sure you're not thirsty, they can sense these things.

I thought I was crazy...this happens to me also, and since my brew closet is our spare bathroom which I use all the time....

This is a joke right?kind of like if you close the front door to fast and the curtains move?

Back