moscato wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwaite

Reaction score
My wife and I love the bare foot moscato wine... Any know were I can find a recipe for it?

+1

Moscato is my wife's favorite. I would like to make her some so she will feel better about all the beer making supplies I'm acquiring.

Thanks!

I purchased this one on Amazon (Vino Italiano 4 Week Wine Kit, Moscato, 15.5-Pound Box) and have just finished bottling it. If I remember correctly it uses the EC-1118 Lalvin yeast, so you may want to have another package of it on hand when or if you order the kit. Just bottled this weekend so it will be awhile before I can give a review, but I tasted it while I was bottling and I think with some age, the wife will really enjoy it. :)

Maybe in case you need to re-pitch? I dunno. I think most kits use EC-1118 because it's basically foolproof, so not sure why you'd need to re-pitch.

Just in case, I did not need it, but who knows how long those kits sit and at what temps. Better safe than sorry. :mug:

Just in case, I did not need it, but who knows how long those kits sit and at what temps. Better safe than sorry. :mug:

I know this is an old post, but did the amazon kit turn out good? my wife loves moscato as well and i would like to make some for her.

I know this is an old post, but did the amazon kit turn out good? my wife loves moscato as well and i would like to make some for her.

I get the Wine Expert World Vineyard Moscato kit. The wife and I love it. I would put it a little better than Barefoot. Though I would recommend: if you can get the Pink Moscato kit, get that. It's better!

This is a very simple and very good way to make some moscato. I haven't tried the pink moscato but the California moscato is excellent.

Every so often I find that wine kits on the amazon have deep discounts and I tend to pick up some kits when the savings are big. I picked up a Moscato wine kit and it was really good. Wine kits are nice as they are made to make brewing it easy and esthethically pleasing. I personally will stock up on kits when they have very good deals.

Back