First Batch transfered to Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchilla77

Reaction score
Hi all
I just transfered my first batch into my carboy for secondary fermentation... I took a taste out of the hydrometer. Pretty Amazing I thought. So during my transfer I did my best to not oxygenate the beer, i know it did a little but im not to worried about it. My one concern is that the fermentation kicked up after the transfer.. now this would seem normal because the yeast was disturbed, its not crazy fermentation about 1 bubble every 5 seconds, but i just wanted to make sure this is normal. When I transfered it was doing about 1 bubble every minute and 20 seconds... just so you know.. OG 1.054 and FG was 1.010.

So pumped up about this beer..

Sometimes it can help kick off fermentation but most of the time its just about complete unless its a big beer and the yeast are working slow. Allot of times the co2 is coming out of suspension from the primary thats why you see the airlock get going after the transfer.

Latest posts

Back