Wiring my AC unit for a walk in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacomaguy20

Reaction score

Hello Everyone, I was hoping you could help me with wiring my AC unit to "always on" so that it can be controlled by a ranco digital temperature controller. My freezer went out and I'd like to build a walk in like some of the other postings on this forum. I got the instructions from http://franklinbrew.org/members/sj/walkin.html but my wiring is just a little different from that. I posted a schematic of my units wiring with the correct colors. (gray is white). From what I've figured, my circuit board and thermostat can be bypassed by connecting the black hot wire from the plug to the black wire of the condenser. Now, If I hook up one of the fan cords (red, yellow, orange) to those 2 black wires, I figure it would turn the fan on when the condenser is on. <---- can you tell me if my logic is correct?

What I don't understand is if I need to do anything with the capacitor? are the common wires fine where they are at? Also there is a red wire that goes from the circuit board to the one of the plugs on the capacitor, what should I do with that. Any help is appreciated.

Back