What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FermentNEthinG said:
Yessir I agree there. Been researching a scotch ale/wee heavy for a few weeks and I have tried many beers of the style. I am most impressed with the balance on founders and find myself going back regularly. I think it is giving me a start of a beer gut though.

Another topic..I grabbed a little handful of peated malt threw it in my mouth for taste notes..that was the most foul taste I have encountered in a long time. Like eating a ash tray full of black and milds. Live and learn I guess.

Haha! I don't mind the taste of peat malt, but I'd probably never use it again.
I made a smoked porter last year using cherrywood smoked malt. Now that has a great flavor!

Yessir I agree there. Been researching a scotch ale/wee heavy for a few weeks and I have tried many beers of the style. I am most impressed with the balance on founders and find myself going back regularly. I think it is giving me a start of a beer gut though.

Another topic..I grabbed a little handful of peated malt threw it in my mouth for taste notes..that was the most foul taste I have encountered in a long time. Like eating a ash tray full of black and milds. Live and learn I guess.

I would have loved to see your face for that one! Kinda like popping a columbus hop cone in your mouth :D

davek said:
Old guardian by Stone brewery a kick a$$ barleywine!

I like that one. I have a couple of this year's oak smoked release. I'm trying to show alot of patience before opening one.

NIZZLE said:
I will send you more anytime you would like and i won't make you stand in line hehe. ;)

I will definitely take you up on that at some point. :D

Final gravity sample of this year's vanilla pumpkin porter. Finished at 1.10 and I'm already happy with the flavor a - give it a few months in the bottle and it should great for fall.

image.jpg

Trying to make my way through a 6'er of these dirty bastards. I just poured one and took a sip. I came back 2 minutes later and this dirty bastard is enjoying my beer. What a dirty bastard.
:D

image-143748259.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Final gravity sample of this year's vanilla pumpkin porter. Finished at 1.10 and I'm already happy with the flavor a - give it a few months in the bottle and it should great for fall.

Finished at 1.10? What'd it start at? ;)

So, you didn't bother to take a picture of the Coq. You knew that's what we were all waiting for! ;)

Yeah, but food was way more important lol. At Founders now, been informed of $2.50 pints!! Having Sleeper Cell mostly Mosaic DIPA huuuge grapefruit bomb, best beer Ive had today hides the 10% well. She is havin Barrel Aged Frangelico Stout

ForumRunner_20130603_212644.jpg

FermentNEthinG said:
Trying to make my way through a 6'er of these dirty bastards. I just poured one and took a sip. I came back 2 minutes later and this dirty bastard is enjoying my beer. What a dirty bastard.
:D

This is what I do to keep from sharing my precious beer with uninvited drinkers.

image-524206126.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
1.055 ... and sorry; that rotten Flying Dog has me cross-eyed. Finished at 1.01 ...

Hehe! I knew that's what you meant. Just wanted to give you a hard time. :D
And Vanilla Pumpkin Porter sounds really good!

Having some more cowbell by buffalo Bayou. While watching an awesome show

I keep seeing that on Amazon Instant and it looks interesting, but I am not sure I would like it as someone who is not hugely into the games. For a point of reference, I played a few hours into the first one and then stopped. I keep wanting to pick it back and play through the series, but I keep finding other distractions. Anyway, I digress. Do you think the show is worth my time with my limited knowledge of the games?

For beer I am having an Ursa Major Old Ale. No pic because my camera was acting up, but this is making a wonderful dessert beer. I've just very recently (last couple days) made a concentrated effort to pay attention to my beer/food pairings. This one is going great with cinnamon toasted almonds. The dark fruit flavors pair beautifully with the cinnamon and nuttiness of the almonds.

I keep seeing that on Amazon Instant and it looks interesting, but I am not sure I would like it as someone who is not hugely into the games. For a point of reference, I played a few hours into the first one and then stopped. I keep wanting to pick it back and play through the series, but I keep finding other distractions. Anyway, I digress. Do you think the show is worth my time with my limited knowledge of the games?

For beer I am having an Ursa Major Old Ale. No pic because my camera was acting up, but this is making a wonderful dessert beer. I've just very recently (last couple days) made a concentrated effort to pay attention to my beer/food pairings. This one is going great with cinnamon toasted almonds. The dark fruit flavors pair beautifully with the cinnamon and nuttiness of the almonds.

You dont have to like games to like this. It has nothing to do with the halo series. Its independent films from Austin. No affiliation with microsoft or halo series. Just picture M.A.S.H acted in halo. I love the series. Its hilarious and you get to love the characters as you watch. Great story and characters. Caboose is the best. I say worth the watch.

You dont have to like games to like this. It has nothing to do with the halo series. Its independent films from Austin. No affiliation with microsoft or halo series. Just picture M.A.S.H acted in halo. I love the series. Its hilarious and you get to love the characters as you watch. Great story and characters. Caboose is the best. I say worth the watch.

Nice. I'll get into it as soon as I am done with the series I am currently watching.

Nizzle dirty bastard .. well that's what he called it ;)

And a 1 year old headed this way watch out!

ForumRunner_20130603_203545.png

Back