Alternative Faucet??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunkMunky

Reaction score
So here i am thinking about how to make a kegerator for basically as cheep as possible until i can afford to invest some cash into a real nice one. And i was wondering if anyone has ever tried to mod up a kitchen spray hose as a dispenser instead of a tower and faucet? anyone foresee any problems with that? i think if i remove the spray plate it will pour fine without foaming up to much. so what do you guys think?

I can get a spray hose for free probably plus it would be something different??

You can get generic chrome plated brass faucets cheap and even plastic ones that look like a regular beer faucets which are cheaper yet. A cobra tap will work, but lack the class of even the cheapest real faucets.

I seriously doubt you would be able to dispense anything but foam with a spray hose. It would be like the sparklers used with real ales, except the beer would be carbonated and foam worse.

The kitchen sprayer has a fat line. You need at least 5' of 3/16" ID Beer line to provide resistance. You don't want to spray beer unless you like FOAM, people have enough problems balancing their draft systems without putting kitchen junk in them. Please spend $5 on a picnic tap and beer line. I bet someone would mail you one for free just to save you from wasting good beer.
-Ben

Back