Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just when I think I've seen it all!
That looks pretty amazing. Have you brewed on it yet?

Yeah, did a test batch to make sure it worked and it does. I actually preferred it to my overly expensive BIAB setup I built. I sell stands on occasion though and will have to remake the breWheel in stainless and with a few asthetic mods if I am going to keep it at the house.

Here is my CO Brew Systems eBIAB with BCS 460 rig...

20170524_165637.jpg

IMG_20170907_223540_155c06.jpg

Brewing equipment wash station getting ready. Latest addition today was the totally improvised drying shelf from wire shelving and a drip tray from a shoe mud trap fitted in place with zipties and drilled a few holes to the corner so it drains into the sink. Only bummer is the only source for hot water is the electric kettle but that's just a minor inconvenience as I can always carry hot water from the downstairs bathroom inside.

The last few years have been a bit of experimentation and trying out processes, 3 vessel, cold batch sparse, biab, small dedicated HERMS, and finally 2 vessel no-sparge with the "iRIMS" inspired HEX.

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1668.jpg

I'm almost done building my Kettle-RIMS setup. I need to trim the hoses and finish installing the heating element in the boil kettle.

The plan is to use propane to get up to temperature and then connect the heating element cable to regulate mash temperatures.

The controller is the InkBird PID with pump switch from BrewHardware. The temp probe is placed between the BK and the Blichmann AutoSparge similar to the BrewEasy.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is my weldless brew stand so far got a lot more to do but it's brewable. I am purchasing another keg this week to replace that kettle.

I am looking for the triangle pieces for the corners to reenforce them if anyone could help me outView attachment IMG_0732.jpg

Here's my current system in front of my future system. There's not a whole lot I'd change at this point other than a whirlpool arm. I've just been lazy and things work great as they are.

Huge thanks to this forum in helping me learn so much and getting me to the point I'm at. Still much to learn!

IMG_1020.jpg

Here's my current system in front of my future system. There's not a whole lot I'd change at this point other than a whirlpool arm. I've just been lazy and things work great as they are.

Huge thanks to this forum in helping me learn so much and getting me to the point I'm at. Still much to learn!

do you get cavitation or trapped air in that vertical pump? I don't see how you would ever get the air out of the impeller/magnet..

Wait... which vessel is which? ;)

Nice rig(s)!

Finally brewing in the new place. I freaking LOVE being able to brew indoors and a mop sink might be my favorite brewing upgrade ever! 240v induction cooktop, bucket heater to speed things along, 20gal Kegco kettle, little tan pump (so much smaller, quieter, and easier to mess with than my chugger), Harbor Freight cart, plate chiller, a Wilser bag, and a pulley. I just had back surgery a week ago and was able to brew even with my physical limitations and without hurting myself. I'm sure I'll make some tweaks along the way but I'm pretty pleased with this set up. I do need to build a vent hood though.

View attachment 1509683313693.jpg

View attachment 1509683327129.jpg

do you get cavitation or trapped air in that vertical pump? I don't see how you would ever get the air out of the impeller/magnet..

I can't say that I've never had a problem with it, but I am able to "prime" the pump pretty easily by cracking one of my QDs a little. There wasn't an ideal way to mount the pump. Maybe in the future I'll make a bracket or something. Good eye ;)

Wait... which vessel is which? ;)

Nice rig(s)!

haha thanks! Teaching and sharing with people is one of my favorite parts of brewing, so the naming kind of just went along with that!

This is my electric brew rig , it's been serving me well for about two years now and I am always looking for ways to optimize it. I brewed in the garage or outside for about 7 years wile using propane before I got tired of fighting the cold. I would have problems with low mash temps and propane tanks that would freeze up from time to time. Also I was freezing cold .so I came up with this!

IMG_4182.jpg
IMG_4183.jpg
IMG_4184.jpg
IMG_4187.jpg
IMG_4186.jpg
IMG_4185.jpg

There is no PID?? Do you control the mash temp manually?

Yup , I have gotten good at hitting my mash temp . The mash tun keeps the temp within 4 degrees and if I need the temp to come up I just add more hot water.

New Belgium, AVL. This is a 1/2 Bbl setup we designed and built in house for playing around with and experimenting. We utilized a Sabco frame, but everything else was fabbed on-site. It is propane, auto fired, with Honeywell combination gas valves on the HLT and WK. It is a HERMS setup so we don’t really utilize the burner on the MLT. This setup has far exceeded expectations and works like a dream.
IMG_2469.jpg

The plate chiller is a Model T-4 made by Thermaline.
I use a 1/8hpChugger pump which has just enough pressure to push the wort 8’, then through the plate chiller and 4.5’ high to the top of the fermentor.
It cools the wort down to around 70 degrees in about 20 min if the valve at the pump is wide open. I have done 13 batches with it so far and it works great.
Cheers

I am looking at conical fermenters and it looks like you have One I have not seen before 6tap, could I trouble you for some info on it?

Hi Joe17,

My fermentor is sold by Stout Tanks. It is a 20 gallon jacked conical fermentor. 15psi max. Does not have a carbonation stone/ setup so I carbonate in kegs right now. I control the temp with a SS Brewtech glycol chilller which can get it down to 34 degrees for cold crashing in about 24 hours as long as my brew room is not above 70 degrees ambient temp. It’s been a great fermentor just on the pricy side. Stout Tanks website says they are currently out of stock until April 2018. Hope this info helps with your search.
Cheers!

IMG_1517276911.743083.jpg

Back