My First Beer was a 99% Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WahineArt

Aloha Brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Last night was a big night for me, I got to drink my first ever brewed beer! Of course I've tasted samples here and there but last night was the official drinking night.

It's a vanilla weizen beer and is quite tastey. I was a little disappointed that I really couldn't taste any vanilla to speak of but am still happy with my results. I bought a beer kit and upgraded the yeast to WLP300 so the beer did have hints of banana but the vanilla bean just didn't come thru.

I kegged the beer, which in my opinion is less work than bottling, but discovered a problem which I hadn't thought of. With bottles it's easy to count how many I had, 1, 2, 3... With the keg, how many glasses did I have, 3, 4, 5...?

Needless to say, I am paying for it today (but I'm happy!)
:D

I kegged the beer, which in my opinion is less work than bottling, but discovered a problem which I hadn't thought of. With bottles it's easy to count how many I had, 1, 2, 3... With the keg, how many glasses did I have, 3, 4, 5...?

I agree with this! And felt the same way this morning too.

Last night was a big night for me, I got to drink my first ever brewed beer! Of course I've tasted samples here and there but last night was the official drinking night.

It's a vanilla weizen beer and is quite tastey. I was a little disappointed that I really couldn't taste any vanilla to speak of but am still happy with my results. I bought a beer kit and upgraded the yeast to WLP300 so the beer did have hints of banana but the vanilla bean just didn't come thru.

Well put with the Keg. Hard to keep track how much your Buddies have "helped" you empty the keg as well. I was also very happy with my first brew and apparently the small amount of company I invited for a tasting was too. Attempted to pour myself a pint after working a double shift shortly after, and got a 1/4 glass of foam and CO2.

The other day a friend came by to have a sampling of beer. I think the counting went something like this:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 7 - 3 - 9 - ? - k .....

I had a wee headache the next day!

B

You could put a small white board next to the tap and put a tally mark whenever you pour a frosty. As for newly acquired friends, I read a thread that solved this problem with a dip tube that was trimmed about half way down. Bring out the keg out at a party (oops, so sorry, the keg is gone g'night pals) then replace with the full length dip tube after the "pals" clear out. Hillarious.. and I don't even keg!!!

Latest posts

Back