Dont count your brews, before they hatch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinJack

Reaction score
I had the flue yesterday and was feeling better today and remembered as i lay there being happy about my nearly returned health that i had brewing chores to do. I started an Irish Carmel stout a while ago intending to give out the cases derived from the 5 gallon batch as presents at christmas and also intending to pass a pack around at christmas with the family. Well that didnt happen between one thing and another the brew fermented slower then i thought it would. It taste like beer though, i am not much of a beer drinker but i do brew certin beers upon request. Well the Stout came ready to be bottled and primed today so i got out my Ghetto Keg (a 5 gallon water cask chemfree plastic) and dropped in my 5oz of sugar and am watching my racking siphon do the job. It will sit in the Ghetto for abotu two weeks to carb and condition and then i will transfer to bottles (2 cases of 22's and will have about half a gallon left over) and let sit for another 3-7 days...

I thought i would have another 5 gallons of cider comming ready today but didnt... odd... you would think after 6 years doing this i would have realized you never count your chickens before they hatch, and like wise you never count your brew befor they are dont fermenting...Anybody else have this little over enthuism when it comes to brewing?

Cheers

I tried to make a batch for a new years party , a AG wheat / whitbeer style beer.
I tried a new recipe ... and improv'd a bit ... I have done this many time with good results. this time however it turned out very sour and cloudy ...so its going to sit in cases in the basment for atleast a year before in "might" be good to drink. ... so much for telling my friends id have the beer in time for new years.
o well guess ill go buy some. next time im not telling anyone i have beer and just show up with it. when the beer tells me its done. suprizes are more fun anyway.

Back