What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391118852.497284.jpg
First time with this. Only got one 4pk but definitely going back for more!

I think it's been said here before but this trumps Founders Breakfast Stout easily.

First taste of HB nut brown ale...Christmas kit. Included gypsum and Irish moss. Flavor is nice. Bitterness is more pronounced than last batch. Color and clarity are very good. Carb is not bad...may improve a little with a couple more weeks in the bottle.

IMAG2531.jpg

IMAG2533.jpg

First attempt at all grain, simple pale ale. 1 gallon biab, I believe its the bee house recipe on here. Not too shabby!

1391124036995.jpg

Any lager brewers have favorite recipes? I'm planning on brewing a Baltic porter this weekend and haven't found anything I really like online. Have a CAP in the works, too, but that seems pretty easy. Also thinking about an IPL.

Having a wee glass of BK's port before I get the galaxy brett I drunkenly put in the fridge last night and thankfully didn't open.

Moving on to my Belgian Strong Dark HB...I need to free up some bottles! I have nothing brewing and no bottles! And SWMBO is going to start objecting if I have to keep buying bottles! Anyway, this brew is tasty! The roasty notes are *slightly* taming down and the fruity notes have changed since last time I tasted it. I'm too much of a newbie to find the right words for it. But it's good!

DSC04114.jpg

Moving on to my Belgian Strong Dark HB...I need to free up some bottles! I have nothing brewing and no bottles! And SWMBO is going to start objecting if I have to keep buying bottles! Anyway, this brew is tasty! The roasty notes are *slightly* taming down and the fruity notes have changed since last time I tasted it. I'm too much of a newbie to find the right words for it. But it's good!

Buying bottles? I know what both those words mean, but when you put them together like that I don't understand. Maybe you can find some nearby in this thread. Are you in a local homebrew club? That can be another good place to find bottles in addition the other benefits. Too bad you're on the wrong side of NC or I'd drop a few cases on you.

My HB kolsch. First test bottle after 2 weeks. Good, fresh, meet with approval by my father who grew up in cologne.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Any lager brewers have favorite recipes? I'm planning on brewing a Baltic porter this weekend and haven't found anything I really like online. Have a CAP in the works, too, but that seems pretty easy. Also thinking about an IPL.

Having a wee glass of BK's port before I get the galaxy brett I drunkenly put in the fridge last night and thankfully didn't open.

I make a Baltic Porter with White Labs San Fran Lager yeast that does well in Competition... I can PM the recipe if you'd like to look it over.

Buying bottles? I know what both those words mean, but when you put them together like that I don't understand. Maybe you can find some nearby in this thread. Are you in a local homebrew club? That can be another good place to find bottles in addition the other benefits. Too bad you're on the wrong side of NC or I'd drop a few cases on you.

I haven't joined a local club yet...looking into it. I may have found a few cases on Craig's List...waiting on an e-mail response. Some others out there, but require longer drives. I'm only a few months in on home brewing and I'm putting more stuff INTO the bottles than I'm emptying! Thanks for the info and good intentions!!!

I haven't joined a local club yet...looking into it. I may have found a few cases on Craig's List...waiting on an e-mail response. Some others out there, but require longer drives. I'm only a few months in on home brewing and I'm putting more stuff INTO the bottles than I'm emptying! Thanks for the info and good intentions!!!

Ask your local craft beer bars, most of them don't mind throwing a few cases next to the recycling bin for homebrewers.

Had something with a similar name on tap a while back and didn't like it. If this is in fact what I had on tap approximately 8 months ago, then it either got better or it's much fresher. Not blown away by it, but there's much more hop character than before. Not sure I'd buy a 4-pack again, but I'd certainly give it a second chance on tap.

20140130_193800 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Back