What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last of my Caribou Slobber. The keg kicked tonight. Is it wrong of me to be just a little teary eyed? It was the best beer I've ever brewed, commercial quality if I do say so myself.

Just pulled the first pint from my keg of Yooper's House Pale w/ Centennial. Damn is it good. This will become a regular brew of mine.

Opened up one of my week old DIPA's just to see how it's coming along. I'm hoping it mellows out a bit but overall I think it should be a beauty.

AleFred said:
How is this beer ? My local bottle shop has those bombers for like 5.50 i always just pass em by..

Its pretty good. I was apprehensive because one of my first home brews was a similar brew and it turned out way to coffee like. This is pretty well balanced. Its very dry though.

Add to my previous a really sh!tty Ruthless Rye. I find it has a really nasty burned rubber off flavor. Apparently I'm the only one who picks this up too, every review I see heralds it as awesome. Even my SWMBO thinks it tastes good, and she has a HORRIBLE beer palate (bud light is her go to). The only reason I'm drinking it is I spent $15 on a twelever of it.

now i'm sucking condensation from the top of a donovan mcnabb bobblehead... oh donovan- you always threw to the midgets...

Add to my previous a really sh!tty Ruthless Rye. I find it has a really nasty burned rubber off flavor. Apparently I'm the only one who picks this up too, every review I see heralds it as awesome. Even my SWMBO thinks it tastes good, and she has a HORRIBLE beer palate (bud light is her go to). The only reason I'm drinking it is I spent $15 on a twelever of it.

Ya, I thought it was decent. Not one of my favorites but I didn't pick up any burned rubber flavors lol

Stone teamed up with a local craft brewery here, so I got a growler of their collaboration now. Its an Imperial porter with molasses and satsuma orange peel. It's good!

Stone teamed up with a local craft brewery here, so I got a growler of their collaboration now. Its an Imperial porter with molasses and satsuma orange peel. It's good!

Did they bottle that beer at all? If so, want to trade for something? I love NOLA Brewing, just wish they would start distributing in Texas.

Right now I'm drinking coffee, but I think for tonight I'm having a Jester King Wytchmaker Rye IPA.

I've got EdWort's Haus Pale Ale and a nice stout on tap. Just threw a batch of BierMunchers Blue Balls Belgian Wit in the fermentor last night.

Mmmm beer!

Any of y'all try stone/Ninkasi/alchemist More Brown Than Black IPA? It was a while back when I had it on tap but haven't ever seen it again

Delicious imo

Pliny - my last one dammit!

image-2064219060.jpg

H
e
b
r
e
w

V
e
r
t
i
c
a
l

J
e
w
b
e
l
a
t
i
o
n
WOW bottled 12/01/10 bought off the shelf a week ago.I think this is the first strong ale ive had thats been aged this long.Pure beer candy malt hop heaven.

TexasSpartan said:
Did they bottle that beer at all? If so, want to trade for something? I love NOLA Brewing, just wish they would start distributing in Texas.

Right now I'm drinking coffee, but I think for tonight I'm having a Jester King Wytchmaker Rye IPA.

Oooo that sounds good! Unfortunately its a limited edition draft only brew. It may even be out now. It was a small batch for one bar here. It was good though. I hope NOLA does spread to your area as well. Everything they make is great, I've really been rooting for them.

Just finished my last bottle of my first batch-BB English Brown Ale kit. Hate to see it go. 2nd batch (Kolsch) will be ready next weekend. Not giving as much of that one away.

Just picked this up today. This beer is awesome, probably my new favorite (although I say this every time I try a new beer).

DSCN1518.jpg

Latest posts

Back