E-Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpweeks

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Slowly working on upgrading my brewery to a 20 gal Electric. Been looking at options for a stand. Found this at sams club. Only $200.

It has a wood top, but it has a capacity of 1,000 pounds. Most of the stainless tables I've looked at do not have adequate capacity to have 2 loaded 20 gal kettles on them

So I'm thinking maybe setting the kettles on an 18x18 piece of ceramic tile.....

image-108397334.jpg

That should work. You probably don't even need to worry about the tile. The hottest the wood will get is 212F, which shouldn't be a problem. I just have my electric kettles sitting on a piece of laminate countertop on a steel frame.

We use those tables at work. They're beasts. I've been wanting to get a couple for use in my garage, along with the one thats a toolbox with the same top.

They're pretty easy to put together. And for $199, its a pretty dang good table. Very sturdy. My only concern would be height, as these are pretty tall tables, and with a large pot or keggle sitting on it, you may need a stool or ladder to see into and stir it.

One way around the height issue, you may be able to cut the same amount off of the top of each leg, then redrill the hole for the bolts to connect to the frame support. There shouldn't be any issues doing that that I can think of.

Back