Lost Beersmith Data

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
Between last night and this afternoon I seemed to have mysteriously lost a month's worth of BeerSmith data. I entered in some info last night after kegging a porter, and today I noticed that certain files weren't where they were yesterday and all my notes and changes from the past month were gone. Like the month never happened. What the hell? Nothing terribly critical was lost, but a lot of notes about transfer days, recipes changes, etc. Anyone have this happen, know why it might have, or know if there's anyway to recover the info?

Search your hard drive for *.bsm files. Specifically, the recipes.bsm is where all of your BeerSmith recipes are stored.

Look in your recycle bin.

If you have some of the recipes, check to see if you dragged them into the Brew Log.

Good luck!

Hazzah!! I emailed Brad Smith for help and he came through. Apparently it's a Vista/Windows 7 thing when you switch user preferences some things get all screwy. He was able to direct me to where the older backups should be and indeed they were there. A simply copy/paste and everything's back to normal. Phew!!!

Back