odd sized corny posts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisS

I like cold beverages
Reaction score
SO I am taking a corny apart to sanitize the thing as well as practicing how to take apart and rebuild a corny. I ran out and got a set of deep sockets because I don't have any and reading a link or two in the FAW the posts are going to be 7/8 most likely. Well 7/8 too big, 3/4 is too big and 5/8 is too small. I have the 12 sided sockets and the 3/4 kinda catches but i bet it would round over the edges if I let it. So what size posts are these?

? all mine are 7/8, and are snug with a 12-pt open end/box end wrench.

Try 11/16? It's in between 3/4 and 5/8.

Most of mine are 7/8, but I have a few that are 11/16

Never really looked to see if it was the same manufacturer or what, I just grabbed the other socket

LOL I thought this was going to be a "post" about cornys of odd sizes ,
like ya at this crazy auction a got this sweet 13.3 gallon corny keg
lol :)

23mm was the size I was told I think. It's so amusing seeing the old imperial measures when us Brits have had to adapt to kilos / metres / grammes etc. That's not a dig guys, just amuses me how different things affect different nations.

In answer to the question, a big adjustable spanner sorts my cornie kegs out! :)

23mm was the size I was told I think. It's so amusing seeing the old imperial measures when us Brits have had to adapt to kilos / metres / grammes etc. That's not a dig guys, just amuses me how different things affect different nations.

In answer to the question, a big adjustable spanner sorts my cornie kegs out! :)

there should be a metric socket that fits nice and snug, but thay are standered size post , that are made in the USA :)after all, at least all of mine are..

Adjustable spanner:drunk: lol
I guess that what you brits call a Crescent Wrench

31004-hi-crescent_thentonow.jpg

Back