What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello said:
Been aging at my house since 4/16/12. Quite delicious. I have one left after this.

I've had one in the fridge since last year as well. SWMBO keeps telling me it gonna go bad. Makes me chuckle.

tyzippers said:
I've had one in the fridge since last year as well. SWMBO keeps telling me it gonna go bad. Makes me chuckle.

What starts out bad cannot go bad. It's already there. ;)

WesleyS said:
What starts out bad cannot go bad. It's already there. ;)

Ha! I was waiting for that comment. I've only ever had it once. And I was smashed. Can't remember it well. I will try not to let you asshats cloud my virgin judgement when I do crack it open! ;)

Had my fair share of blue yummies while grilling pizza in the 110 degree heat index. Now it's off to the bottle shop to see what kind of good stuff I can get my hands on.

NIZZLE said:
ya your right no need for the thread police to get called on me aging :smack:

Well, we're all aging. It's a part of life.
Oh, you meant to type "again". Now I get it. ;):D
Please don't flip me off.

tyzippers said:
Miller Lite aged two years on oak. FTW.

I have a nice 2000 vintage Tequiza in the cellar. Just waiting for that special occasion to crack that bad boy open.

Oh just catching up on the threads...!

image-368281340.jpg

Hello said:
Awesome. I haven't been keeping it in the fridge. Is that bad? I have it in a deep dark closet.

I think it should be aging in the 50s. Though I don't have a temp controlled cellar, so the fridge is where it's at. I'm not too concerned about it. I think my cellar temp is about 68 year round, so that not too bad. But not perfect.

Edit: I should just pop the top and kill it. I've got better beers aging.

This quite the IPA. I like this a lot better than Enjoy By. Earthy, spicy, peppery and floral hops are just wonderful. A little bit of fruit yeast character is nice and it has an assertive bitterness that likes to make its presence known, but isn't overly harsh. It says, "I am an IPA, but I'm not out to burn your tongue off."

20130830_202300.jpg

tyzippers said:
Ha! I was waiting for that comment. I've only ever had it once. And I was smashed. Can't remember it well. I will try not to let you asshats cloud my virgin judgement when I do crack it open! ;)

I just like to talk smack about DFH because I don't understand why alot of people cream their pants over DFH beer and Sam Coloifhensidn whatever his name is.;) Daring and innovative beer, yes. Good beer, no.
But the 120 min isn't too bad for what it is. It's more like a barley wine than a double IPA.

WesleyS said:
I just like to talk smack about DFH because I don't understand why alot of people cream their pants over DFH beer and Sam Coloifhensidn whatever his name is. Daring and innovative beer, yes. Good beer, no.
But the 120 min isn't too bad for what it is. It's more like a barley wine than a double IPA.

I wouldn't say I cream my pants over DFH, but I do enjoy their Ancient Ale series. Plus Bitches Brew is a pretty solid blend. Burton ale, chateau Jiahu, and hellhound are some of my favorites.

BrewinHooligan said:
The Sex Panther is actually really good. That's one I always look forward to.

Then I definitely need to get my hands on some next time it's out.

tyzippers said:
I wouldn't say I cream my pants over DFH, but I do enjoy their Ancient Ale series. Plus Bitches Brew is a pretty solid blend. Burton ale, chateau Jiahu, and hellhound are some of my favorites.

Someone recently told me I need to reconsider my feelings toward DFH. I might try some more stuff from them again. Midas Touch was almost undrinkable to me when I tried it. I think one of the last things I had from them was Festina Peche. That wasn't too bad. Pretty good beer for summer.

Latest posts

Back