Best HBT threads ever?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Researching a poll.

Most epic (usually hilarious) threads that have a fair life of their own, whether intentionally or by dumb luck.

!$^#@% code enforcement, Gnomes stealing bears out of primary,The Tap room/Thread Killa all come to mind. What are some others thread that made you laugh beyond a simple joke or funny pic?

There was one where a guy made a mead or cider (can't remember) and his first post was the recipe. His second (and only other post) was like three years later telling use how good it was.

any thread LGI posted in.
most threads cheezy posted in :p
many of creamy's threads

pissed off underage alchoholics in the EAC thread
swmbo acronym threads that aren't 'ruined'

Hang Glider said:
any thread LGI posted in.
most threads cheezy posted in :p
many of creamy's threads

pissed off underage alchoholics in the EAC thread
swmbo acronym threads that aren't 'ruined'

:mug:

Yeah, the EAC thread is a classic and the early days of the, now lost, Thread Killa Thread were great. I also feel quite honored to have been one of the many to help the notorious TakeSomeAdvice, under his alternate pseudonym, through his early brewing disasters...this was, of course, before he got banned.

Oh cmon now. I guess I'm stuck outside the club.

The first rule about the EAC thread is that we don't talk about the EAC thread?...

Gnomes stealing bear was SO epically unintentional, and had me nearly peeing in my pants when the poor noob begged for some mod to fix the title, and Yuri fixed his grammer but left the "bear" in there!!!!!!!

Effing classic.

Oh cmon now. I guess I'm stuck outside the club.

The first rule about the EAC thread is that we don't talk about the EAC thread?...

Also, it should be known that a certain mod or two often will make that thread disappear if too many folks get hot on its trail. Quack. ;)

Also, it should be known that a certain mod or two often will make that thread disappear if too many folks get hot on its trail. Quack. ;)

Yup, it appears that thread is now hidden EDIT: for non-premium members

Jordan - It's a good read, but there are other threads that reveal the acronym.

Yup, it appears that thread is now hidden.

Jordan - It's a good read, but there are other threads that reveal the acronym.

I think I've got the acronym nailed down... But the entertainment value has been put on a pedestal. I don't know if I even want to read it now. I would surely be let down by my high expectations.

That one is famous b/c of the response with the acronym (and his infamous response is actually quoted elsewhere on the forum)

But there is no shortage of other hooch-making arrogant know-it-all threads out there that are equally entertaining.

Back on topic:
Some of the weizenwerks threads were great, same with that guy who "revolutionized" brewing with all his short-cut close-enough procedures.
The one where Vinnie posted was pretty sweet.
Oh, and: One Entrepreneur Wanted
My favorite is this thread: Forgot key ingredient

After reading through the entire thread, I was so tempted to bump the Sofa King. It would then be truly legendary in Zombie status.

After reading through the entire thread, I was so tempted to bump the Sofa King. It would then be truly legendary in Zombie status.

Why would you bumping it make it any more legendary than it already is? There's never been a thread in all of HBT and several other forums, that even approaches it....

Why would you bumping it make it any more legendary than it already is? There's never been a thread in all of HBT and several other forums, that even approaches it....

You are correct, it is awesome in it's own right

You know it is legendary when references to it on another thread make you laugh maniacally.

Back