Pumpkins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ize

Reaction score
Not your average pumpkin thread. :D

I have 2 large ones on my front steps, and three small ones on the front porch. All uncut, just sitting... Last year I just let em rot and tossed em. But I'd like to actually "do" something with them this year. Cut em' up and freeze them and use them for a pumpkin ale next year? Make pumpkin wax out of the damn things?

Or just cut the tops off and let the squirrels and rabbits go f$#&in nuts?

I know I can toast, salt, and bag the seeds but are there any other ideas on what to do with the rest? All thoughts on this version of the neverending pumpkin dilemma welcome. :drunk:

Ize

Punk'in chuckin', anyone? :D

PB020875.sized.jpg

That is one sweet lookin' trebuchet right there! I wonder if my neighbors would mind if I made one. I'll bet I could hit the Sandy river from here.....

the_bird said:
Punk'in chuckin', anyone? :D

PB020875.sized.jpg

:rockin:

I could seriously have some fun with that bad boy. Looking at the pic, is that a freaking cannon in the background???

Ize

I've heard that most pumpkin pies don't contain pumpkin. Some other squash is used.

How about doing some target practice on them with guns .22 through 12 gauge?

Back