Infection,yeast rafts or what ? (Picture)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irena

Reaction score
I'm beginner and i don't know what exactly are these white things on the surface of my beer !? Anyone knows ?
2jz5tnznmymm.jpg

Your picture isn't showing because you're out of bandwidth but unless they're writhing around I would RDWHAHB

I have never had any infection before , however my yeast rafts have not looked like that. . . .

It supposed to be Brown Ale.The yeast,i don't know,i got it from one of my friends.

It sorta looks like the yeast clung to the side of the bucket, dried some, then peeled off. I guess that's possible, but I've never seen it happen myself.

It looks fine to me, your krausen (foam) collapsed and that is the foam left behind. Usually it makes a ring around the bucket right above the surface.

Smell isn't too bad,taste too. Not like commercial beers ,but i like it (maybe because it takes a lot of money and time).

It's actually more krausen kurdles than yeast rafts. Yeast rafts float up from the bottom, these are just angular bits of the remainder of the krausens. Some yeasts when the krausen breaks from more angular chunks. It's fine.

Latest posts

Back