Karma biting Jose in the butt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious: other than juicing and that thing with the head-ball homer and the pitching debacle, what makes Canseco "deserving" of that? I'm not a Canseco fan or an A's fan or anything like that, I'm just genuinely curious.

Maybe it's just the way the article was written, but it almost makes Canseco sound like a down-to-earth person. He's basically saying, "Yeah well, I owe 2.5 million, but you know, I'm not exactly poor... Have you really thought about the poor people who lose a home and have nowhere else to go. What about them? Think about what it's like for them"

I can think of a lot of other million-dollar baby athletes who would say that it's not fair that it's happening to them. At least he sounds like he's accepting it and isn't really complaining.

Just curious: other than juicing and that thing with the head-ball homer and the pitching debacle, what makes Canseco "deserving" of that? I'm not a Canseco fan or an A's fan or anything like that, I'm just genuinely curious.

Because even though his first book did some good by bringing serious attention the steroid problem in baseball he went about it in a way that dragged some players names through the mud when he had no evidence that they ever did anything, just "He talked to a guy that was using..." and BS such as that. He had an ax to grind with MLB and he went about it in a very selfish and *****ey way. And, the pitching debacle...:D

Because even though his first book did some good by bringing serious attention the steroid problem in baseball he went about it in a way that dragged some players names through the mud when he had no evidence that they ever did anything, just "He talked to a guy that was using..." and BS such as that. He had an ax to grind with MLB and he went about it in a very selfish and *****ey way. And, the pitching debacle...:D

I don't really like Canseco either, but I think the people he specifically mentioned, pretty much turned out to be true. The names he named weren't hearsay, but rather "I directly injected these guys with steroids," and it's pretty much true. Palmeiro tested positive, Giambi admitted, McGwire didn't deny using, and it's pretty self-evident that both he and Pudge Rodriguez where both using at one point.

His claim of 85% use in MLB is, even at it's height, fairly high, but I don't think anyone believed that.

I really don't think he is deserving of anything. Of course he is a self absorbed a-hole, but everyone he ratted out turned out to be juicing. And honestly, if someone said to me, take this drug and I'll give you $100 million...well, pass the needle brother.

I don't really like Canseco either, but I think the people he specifically mentioned, pretty much turned out to be true. The names he named weren't hearsay, but rather "I directly injected these guys with steroids," and it's pretty much true. Palmeiro tested positive, Giambi admitted, McGwire didn't deny using, and it's pretty self-evident that both he and Pudge Rodriguez where both using at one point.

His claim of 85% use in MLB is, even at it's height, fairly high, but I don't think anyone believed that.

Did anyone ever doubt that Giambi and McGwire were using roids? Like I said, his first book did some good but he still went about it poorly when he named people without any evidence. And what about the thing with him threatening to accuse Magglio Ordonez in the second book unless Mags gave him money for some movie project? If that isn't a ****** move I don't know what is.

Did anyone ever doubt that Giambi and McGwire were using roids?

C'mon, don't exaggerate. This is all natural...:D

giambi.jpg

biggiambi.jpg

Did anyone ever doubt that Giambi and McGwire were using roids? Like I said, his first book did some good but he still went about it poorly when he named people without any evidence. And what about the thing with him threatening to accuse Magglio Ordonez in the second book unless Mags gave him money for some movie project? If that isn't a ****** move I don't know what is.

I love Maggs but he never denied it. During a warm up a reporter asked him and he kinda just laughed it off and walked away. I hope he didn't but if he did, He should fess up.

Yeah, he went about it poorly, but I think the "poorly" point was the only way anything was going to get done about it. Selig was, and still wants too, turn a blind-eye to it, even after Fay Vincent warned him of the impending problem.

Pretty ****** thing to do (not to mention sounds illegal), but I wouldn't doubt Mags used steroids either. If he wasn't using in 2001 when he and Canseco were on the White Sox together, I'd definitely guess he used to recover from his knee injury and surgeries (one I think was even "out of the country").

Yeah, he went about it poorly, but I think the "poorly" point was the only way anything was going to get done about it. Selig was, and still wants too, turn a blind-eye to it, even after Fay Vincent warned him of the impending problem.

True but, he didn't care about cleaning up baseball, he wanted to cause a big problem and make money while doing it.

True but, he didn't care about cleaning up baseball, he wanted to cause a big problem and make money while doing it.

Most definitely ... I guess it's an "ends justifies the means" kind of thing.

Canseco told the syndicated TV show “Inside Edition” that he walked away from his $2.5 million, 7,300-square foot home in suburban Encino because it didn’t make sense to continue making payments.

I'm just surprised to learn Jose is my neighbor!

To put everybody's mind at ease, I don't owe anywhere near $2.5 million on my "suburban Encino" home. :D And the only "juice" I'm on is EdWort's Apfelwein.
sick031.gif

Evan!, this link should answer your question pretty well.

Latest posts

Back