What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395010315.178976.jpg

Onto this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

A sample of my chocolate milk stout. It is not overly sweet, I get chocolate up front and I haven't even racked to secondary over nibs, and I think the yeast is done. 1.080 and now it's 1.026. It's WLP002 which attenuates between 63% and 70%, so if my math is right, I have just a hair over 67%.

I only used 8 oz of lactose and 6 oz of malto because there was no more than 8 oz of lactose available locally. I think the mouthfeel is good. Or I hope. :)

First drink of the day. Somehow my shenanigans didn't result in a terrible hangover; it was mild. I think it could be the gallon of water I drank before bed and the 32 some odd ounces I drank before I left the bar.

/ramble

Had half of this the other day,now the rest. Not a blond ale fan but this is kinda a double blond at 7.2 % considering blonds are generally light. I recommend it though its really pretty good. I chose this one rather than the Voodoo dounut pretzel razberry chocolate ale- you know why if you tried the others. I think the fault with those beers is they are too low abv for such overthetop ales to start. Ill still end up trying that one though probably. Ill already say it its going to be overpriced for what it is.

Now onto a Dirtwolf..., kinda makes me miss Hop Wallop-when I first tried it,it was pretty inspiring. Its pretty good though. Above average ipa fer shure love about everything Ive tried from Victory.

rogue integrity.jpg

Having a tasty ass pale at pinthouse pizza. Very good. It's a collab by them and odells. The brewery here was head brewer at odells. Love this place

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

Having another glass of my first ever brew, Brewers Best brown ale. It's awesome how much better it gets with every day.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

1395020094963.jpg

Having another glass of my first ever brew, Brewers Best brown ale. It's awesome how much better it gets with every day.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

And believe it or not, I actually get pretty good head retention, lacing, and everything despite what looks like an unnaturally large head. I just had a crappy pour I think. I'm a little disappointed in clarity (this bottle has been in the fridge for 3 days after ~3 weeks bottle conditioning), but it still TASTES good, and hey, that's all that matters! And plus, it's a brown ale anyways.

Back