Stovetop 110v single vessel system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 110/120V systems you will need a seperate 20A circuit for each heating element. I think all modern kitchens provide 20A circuits but you wouldn't be able to run 2 elements on a single 20A breaker.

That's true, and by code the kitchen will have two 20 Amp circuits on opposite walls. So you need two power cords, one short and one tall.

Hi Klyph,
Great thread even after a couple years. Looking back at the pics... When you upgraded diptube to a manifold, it looks like you also upgraded the recirc - the inflow "tube" was previously a FPT elbow, and is now a MPT elbow with a coupler attached. Was the whirlpool less than you liked using only the FPT elbow? What are you using now for your recirculation arm?

I only use the stove heat when mashing, the element doesn't come on until I remove the bag.
With the manifold I use whole hops, so the recirc port is more to just stir for even temps than to create a whirlpool.

Back