first blow off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

count_dookie

Reaction score
had my first need for a blow off tube today, glad I've been using one for the last 3-4 batches while they are in primary.

Have a RIS that I brewed yesterday and pitched onto a little less than half a cake of WLP002 using yeast fuel and plenty of O2 so it was not the biggest surprise when I got the call from my mom saying my beer was doing something funny, sounded like it had diarrhea, and the bottle of sanitizer the blow off was in I was using was overflowing with the diarrhea. Got her to change it over to a gallon jug. When I got home and checked it she kept asking "is it going to be ok?" I told her not to worry and that I would be fine.

thank you HBT for all the brewing knowledge I've gained while obsessively reading this site. Because if I would have just used a regular air lock I probably would have blown the top off my bucket and painted the living room wall a nice dark black which would have hindered future brewing while living here.

Back