Perlick 525SS Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if it's cheaper or matched, I would go with AHS as they are active in HBT and also a highly supported HBT vendor in contrary to Rapids.

Not to be rude guys, but let Forrest and AHB do their own thing. This thread is for folks that want to be a part of the group buy from Rapids, if you don't want to be a part of it, then lets leave this post alone.

Gotta admit, it was a pretty serious thread steal going on, thanks for the help MrShake. If guys want to buy from AHB thats ok and im curious myself what his cost for the perlicks will be. However this purchase is already in the process.

Start a new post for group buys of other supplies as they wont be seen on this one.

I don't think Forrest was trying to steal, just trying to offer a better price. A deal is never done till the money and product has changes hands.

I don't think Forrest was trying to steal, just trying to offer a better price. A deal is never done till the money and product has changes hands.

I do agree, there was no harm meant in that statement. It is the reoccurring posts of other people that are creating a steal. I just want Forrest to get a price together so if people want to change it happens now. I dont have a lot of time on my hands to waste as I am a graduate student. I took this on as a favor for everyone because no one else was stepping up, the others that are just now joining the thread need to know that.

If forest wants to do a group buy on the perlicks thats ok with me, EDITED for something that just came out wrong.... This took time and effort to get rolling by piperbrew. These are just some good times with people trying to get the best buy on Perlicks.

I dont really care at this point. Its up to the people purchasing the perlicks. Obviously there will be no group buy if we can get enough people. I remain with the masses, either Forest will post a price (when he knows the cost, I think he is waiting for them to arrive) or we will get enough ordered to just place the order with Rapids. Either way enough time has been wasted, lets get things rolling! I just want the perlicks to get here. Its hot out and my taps are getting sticky as we speak! Stupid sticky faucets!

hey guys, on a lighter note. The page where you order the perlicks it says that, "faucets come standard with a SS handle". FYI the handle is not the tap handle. Its the part that controls the valve and has threads on the end to connect a tap handle to. Just to let you know. I think its pretty clear that these dont come with tap handles (not even crapy black ones).

I'm glad to not get crappy black handles... I've broken more of them that I can count.

I'm glad to not get crappy black handles... I've broken more of them that I can count.

Hahaha, me too, but normally I break them via oxy-acetylene and a tube of steel. They really go a long ways!!! (we were out of golf balls to shoot)

Just out of curiosity, Forrest, what model is on your website, 425SS or 475SS?

Not sure what else people might want to try and do a bulk order for, but if it's something needed for kegging I'd more than likely be interested in purchasing since I'm in the early stages of buying my kegging equipment.

The model on our website right now is the 425.

I firmly believe that you should buy where you can get the best deal. I am not trying to jump in your game. I will look into having large quantity discounts for such items. Just trying to help.

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply

I am stepping away from this group buy. You should proceed with the group buy, because it is a great price.

I can set up group buys if you let me know what you want. Most people bypass the homebrew stores to do group buys but I would like the opportunity if possible.

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply

I am stepping away from this group buy. You should proceed with the group buy, because it is a great price.

I can set up group buys if you let me know what you want. Most people bypass the homebrew stores to do group buys but I would like the opportunity if possible.

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply

Forrest, Like I mentioned to you in the PM I sent you, above I didnt read what I wrote very close and it just came out very wrong. I think you should really start a thread that talks about the group discounts that you have, esp since you are a HBT vendor.
That said, I really think you should post the cost of your perlicks on here when you know what your group discount will be. This is not the first and im sure it will not be the last group purchase that is done on HBT and your info should be on here that way we can go through you next time. I think you already have a few that want to, esp if you take cards (not everyone has a paypal acct).

Guys, when you send money make sure its sent as a personal transfer not a payment for goods. Otherwise they charge a fee. Paypal has already nicked me $10 in fees.

Ok, crap, I just deleted a post on accident, im starting to loose my head with all the PMs and stuff :drunk::drunk:, but it basically said that yes chefchris has the most ordered, haha. But we are now at our 25 mark. Once I have all the money we can place the order!!!!! About half of you have paid, once the rest are good to go we will rock these perlicks!

So, all of the perlick are being sent to one person and then shipped to seperate people?

How much is the landed cost per faucet for everyone.

Shipping from Rapids to Portland and then shipping to people.

How much is all of the shipping adding to the cost?

And all of the Paypal fees?

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply

Yea, paypal fees were just a minor problem, that was taken care of. Basically it depends on how many people purchase to the cost of the perlicks. Shipping to me is dependent on how many we buy, currently it costs $39.49 to ship to me. Split between everyone its right at $5 each (we have been able to drop it down to $4 due to some people coming in late on the buy but we will see if make a purchase). Then Im using flat rate shipping by USPS to ship them out at $5 each. So for two it comes out to be 55.90 total (27.95 ea) shipped and for four its 101.80 total (25.45 ea) shipped etc. It was the easiest way to do it just using flat rate shipping from usps, UPS would have cost an arm and a leg and FedEx is worse.

Ok guys we are coming down to the wire. We have enough paid for to make the order but we are waiting on two people to make a payment for the perlicks that they requested. Either way we have enough for the order (paid and everything). Ill send a PM to the two that have not paid and see if they are going to soon. We should be placing the order very soon now! Woot!

One of the last stragglers just paid, looking forward to getting these and finally getting the keezer together!

I already have my kegerator setup, so these are just going to go on my tower (easy swap). But now I have a problem, I have two extra std taps, that means Im going to have to build something, haha. Like a portable tap for my little 3 gal corny or something fun like that. Ohhh the wonders of to much stuff.

We are down to one, he just needs to verify the number with his keezer setup and said he would have the money to me today or tomorrow, woot! Order should go out over the weekend! :rockin::rockin::rockin:

OK guys (and girl) I have some good news and some better news. The Perlick order will be placed this weekend (so it wont really be placed until monday). I contacted a Rapids rep yesterday and they just got back to me. I asked them if they would make sure that all the faucets will be the engraved ones. She confirmed that they will do that for us. There will be nothing to mixup that wayand all the faucets will be uniform. I personally prefer the engraved ones anyway (and I believe that other people like them as well), I think they look better. So we should be good to go! I will still verify the faucets when they arrive to make sure they are correct. Im excited!!!!!!

Ok everyone, the money is all in. A few late comers ordered some big numbers (and paid right away so we are not waiting on them). The order will be placed today (probably wont be actually pulled until monday. When they send me shipping info I will make my next post.

AS OF RIGHT NOW NO MORE ORDERS CAN BE SENT IN. Sorry if you are just now reading this thread but once it is submitted thats it.

Holy crap there is a lot of money in my checking account... And its all gone. Order Placed, Rapids rep is in the process of getting us matching engraved faucets. Should ship out in a day or so (however long it takes to get the faucets together)

EDIT: So my contact just let me know that Perlick is out of their faucets (how does that happen). They are ordered but the new faucets will not be ready until Monday (A week from today). So now its just a waiting game.

Update: Perlick is getting the faucets early than expected. They will ship out Thursday to my house and take 3-5 days to get here. HECK YES!

Can't wait! Thanks so much for organizing this! I'm getting 3 of the 6 that Jon (cutter22) ordered. :mug:

Josh

Perlicks will be here tomorrow, ill get everything packed up and shipped out by the next day hopefully! Keep your eyes out for the next update!!!

THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is a shot of six out in the open with the rest still in their boxes (I didnt want to open them all)

Smaller Perlick.JPG

Back