What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I spent an awesome evening out with SWMBO at Voodoo Brewery. I sucked down a Good Vibes and a Pilzilla with a bomber of Pilzilla to go. In my oh so humble opinion, these guys are mostly underrated. Perhaps those I've got trades in the works with may get the opportunity to see if I'm full of it! The pic is of the Good Vibes. West coast IPA with Amarillo, citra, and simcoe. 2X dry hopped. Real nice IPA!

image-3569758655.jpg

tyzippers said:
Victory storm king is awesome! I'd love to try the BA version when/if they do that again!

Ill keep my eye out when they release and see if I can find some the brewery is like a hour or so away so I could always swing by there too. We can work something out in trade or something. I think I remember oa was released last fall winter

Coffee ... after working until one this morning on one project, I pulled my sorry @$$ out of bed at five to do a release for another project. But the other half of the team didn't get on the call to do the release. Grrrr....:(

Toasting this to my Grandpa. He is not doing good in the hospital and do not want him to suffer. You been an amazing grandpa. Love you papa.

Glad to hear your grandpa is doing alright.

You think you could save a bit of that whiskey for me? I didn't even try it lol

DisturbdChemist said:
Toasting this to my Grandpa. He is not doing good in the hospital and do not want him to suffer. You been an amazing grandpa. Love you papa.

Sorry to hear that man.

Thanks ya'll for the kind words. This is the first grand parent to go and its a little difficult right now because I was there when if first got to the hospital 2 weeks ago and was fine and talking and now he not responsive. Its scary how fast we can go down hill

Thanks ya'll for the kind words. This is the first grand parent to go and its a little difficult right now because I was there when if first got to the hospital 2 weeks ago and was fine and talking and now he not responsive. If scary how fast we can go down hill

amen. my paternal grandpa went in his sleep with no warning when I was about 9. my other (who was more like a dad to me) was recovering quite well from a heart attack when he had another. I never made it to the VA in time. if you ain't left yet, just go now.

Thanks ya'll for the kind words. This is the first grand parent to go and its a little difficult right now because I was there when if first got to the hospital 2 weeks ago and was fine and talking and now he not responsive. If scary how fast we can go down hill

life is a precious gift that should not be taken for granted as it can be taken so quickly. prays go out to you in the difficult time. yesterday, a friend from high school killed herself in her parents home, they are still investigated what happened and havent released anything yet. she was one of the nicest people i knew as well as spunky, energetic and full of life. she was loved by everyone she met and will be truly missed

life is a precious gift that should not be taken for granted as it can be taken so quickly. prays go out to you in the difficult time. yesterday, a friend from high school killed herself in her parents home, they are still investigated what happened and havent released anything yet. she was one of the nicest people i knew as well as spunky, energetic and full of life. she was loved by everyone she met and will be truly missed

That truely sucks. Sorry for your loss too. I had a few friends from high school pass away aready. Each hit me hard. Some people hide pain inside and outside seems normal until they take their life. I dont get how people kill themselves. I cant think of anything thats is so bad you kill yourself. It happens though.

Sorry for bringing this thread down. Here is a picture to cheer people up and be jealous.

ForumRunner_20130621_120600.png

Having a Heady Topper to kick off my birthday celebration (the big 4-0) and to drink to a good friend that passed away this morning (39 years old, massive heart attack). This stuff definitely lives up to the hype, thanks TNGabe! Now to start smoking a brisket, and some pork butts for the BBQ tomorrow (everyone else will probably drink BMC, but not me though).

Having a Heady Topper to kick off my birthday celebration (the big 4-0) and to drink to a good friend that passed away this morning (39 years old, massive heart attack). This stuff definitely lives up to the hype, thanks TNGabe! Now to start smoking a brisket, and some pork butts for the BBQ tomorrow (everyone else will probably drink BMC, but not me though).

Happy Birthday buddy. Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you have a good weekend in spite of his passing.

image-2612790916.jpg

Cheers! Homebrew saison and the view from my 'desk'.

Happy Birthday Jerry! Great beer to kick things off too! :mug:

Good luck sounds fun hope you catch a monster :)

Blue fish were not biting so we decided to go for sea bass... I wound up with 6 seabass all keepers... Also 3 sting rays, some kind of shark and a Gale (?) All those were thrown back... Good day all in all... The biggest one is shown below... Only bad part was the gf caught 7 sea bass keepers and the only blue fish of the day... I'm gonna hear about that one for awhile

ForumRunner_20130621_150811.jpg

Just finished a four hour drive to my sisters. Stopped by the grocery and picked up some Two Brothers and Revolution Brewing. Having a Revolution Bottom Up right now.

DisturbdChemist said:
I know but i want to try it but not all gun-ho for it. Plus should not be buying beer but i''ll probably will. plus rush hour traffic= F-that

Excuses, excuses. You're no more than ten minutes away from that location when you leave work. Better yet, there's a specs right there in Tomball on 249 next to Walmart. Surely they have it too.

tom_gamer said:
Go ahead and drink that whiskey then.

You know, I heard that in some crazy scheme to make money, they produced more than one bottle of that whisky. In fact, it's available at quite a few liquor stores for purchase so people don't have to mooch off their friends. ;)

Back