where does everyone find their kegs for kettles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've yet to find anyone that'll take back a keg without a receipt. Hell, you could take that Bud keg you bought from some guy on Craigslist to the Anheuser-Busch front door and I doubt they'd take it back. So, no. I'm not gonna feel bad, be it Mexican or American. I don't technically own those milk crates I'm hauling my carboys around in either. That doesn't mean I won't use them or lose any sleep! :p

Exactly! Thank you!

Exactly! Thank you!

I second this, congrats now start your planned brewery build.
Half the battle is collecting enough 15.5 kegs and a corny collection for the keezer and taps.
Add a couple extra 15.5 kegs, remove the bottom skirt, add a stainless cone for a fermenter. The top with a 12" pipe stub machine an "O" ring groove, lid with latches, gas lock, legs, trub valve and a racking arm. Your savings vs a 24 to 27 gallon fermenter will surprise you. Your labors free as well having a fat wallet to buy more brewing toys.
You can add a BCS 460 to your system with the savings alone with one fermenter not alone two built this way.
Cheers bro build on.

Honestly I seriously doubt someone from BMC is going to knock on your door to see if you have any kegs that you "stole". If it was that big of a deal than they would notify you of this whrn you purchase a keg for consumption.

Nobody is losing sleep over the millions of kegs that probably never get returned to the liqour stores.

I found a Lind Brewing Company 15.5 keg floating in San Francisco bay while kayaking 4 years ago, towed that sucker with my tag line for over 7 miles back home. I kept that sucker after the long battle dragging it behind me paddling against the current. Lind Brewing is app 6 miles away, so sorry it's mine and will be milled apart.
My friend found 5 kegs with the spears removed on the bottom in 15' of water at a houseboat marina in Shasta lake while inspecting boat bottoms. All AB keepers now used as his brewing system and fermenters for free. Call it salvage rights?

About my Guinness keg ...the long story short is that I should probably accept the previous owner's story about its history, that it was obtained by him legally? From what I could tell on that kegcops website , these kegs are in circulation by Guinness or in small pieces when they sell the scrap.

Probably good to keep 'eh?

Back