Jumping in with both feet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flip143

Reaction score
I was a home brew for about 18 months and for some reason got completly out. Did a little all grain, but mostly extracts. I have doing quite a bit of reading and I am starting to collect the items I need to start a HERMS system. I have the following items, 10 gallon Igloo round cooler, 5 gallon rubbermaid cooler, Fuzzypro N6600 PID, stainless steel enclosure, Kingkooker w/6 gallon pot. I think it is a good start. I will be taking many photos and posting them as I go. What I would like is construction advise and criticism.

Thanks
Flip
P.S. I have a brother who has a great program for the recipe aspect - HBRC.

Hey Flip,

Welcome to homebrewtalk! There are definitely some HERMS users and advocates here, so I'm sure you can find some pointers.

Happy brewing! :D

Hello there and welcome.
I will be interested in how you construct your system. Someday I would like to have a more advanced system so I want too see what everyone else is doing.

One more thing to add, Living in Nebraska, but employment is taking me down to South/West Florida in a month for about the next 5 years or so. How hard will it be brewing down there? Temps extreme compared to here. I guess mostly ales, but will room temp (a/c room) be enough?

you might have to end up getting a used refridgerator or something. That'll probably be cheaper than running the A/C all day to maintain a nice ferm temp.

-walker

I seen a webpage where some one took a wine refrigerator and converted it so a carboy can fit in it. Guess I could try that, but how much does one of those cost?

Back