Taps in the dining room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanjints

Reaction score
Convinced SWMBO to let me get kegging. I bought a Danby kegerator off craiglist for $250. Got myself another faucet and mounted them in the dinning room. The kegerator sits in a closet behind the taps. I ran some PVC pipe and haven't yet but will put a fan to keep that cool.

Unfortunately I don't have any kegs yet and the next beer I am going to make is going to be a Tripel. After that a Bitter so I should have beer flowing in about 5 weeks. As long as my keg supplier comes through.

Glad I have 2 beers I bottled a few weeks back that are ready to drink to keep my mind off those taps a little bit.

C360_2011-03-2018-37-01.jpg

Once I get closer to having beer flowing I will move the movies and cut the top shelf off and put glasses below.
C360_2011-03-2018-37-38.jpg

C360_2011-03-2018-36-42_edit0.jpg

Tap handles cost less than $3 for the both of them. Got them from Lowes in the table leg section.

That's so awesome! I want taps in the kitchen but I keep getting that "no, you can't" disapproval face. It is a good thing I have a big house and can have a full sized fridge in the office/den. Otherwise, I'd fight it. I love the looks of what you have in the dining room!

I have a drip tray just not in there yet. The top shelf of those shelves is too close to the faucets to fit a glass. Once I get the beer flowing the top shelf is being cut off then I am screwing the shelves to the wall so it can't tip over. Then I will put all my beer glasses and steins right on the shelves. I checked and my 1L Ocktoberfest mugs from Germany will fit perfectly. I am also going to get a small chalkboard to hang over the tap handles. I am going to paint the chalkboard on the top with my brewery name and then have space for saying whats on tap.

The wood all fits nicely with the house and SWMBO loves it.

It was her idea for the taps in the wall. I wasn't going to do it and just have the taps in the closet but she encouraged me to do it. I have the best SWMBO.

C360_2011-03-2021-39-44.jpg

C360_2011-03-2021-36-18.jpg

C360_2011-03-2021-36-40.jpg

that is pretty cool!

I'd love to see a pic of the indies of the closet if you get a chance.

Wish I could do something like that, but I have textured walls. So I don't like to put very many holes in the wall that I might have to patch later. If/When I want to put the house back on the market that might be a PIA to patch back up.

Wish I could do something like that, but I have textured walls. So I don't like to put very many holes in the wall that I might have to patch later. If/When I want to put the house back on the market that might be a PIA to patch back up.

This was a fear of mine till a friend said just hang a picture over the holes. I probably wouldn't do that. I would fix it right but it made me realize I don't know how long I will be here. I might as well really enjoy the draft beer while I am here.

I think you are incorrectly assuming the next owed will not value the keggerator and tap system. This sounds like an upgrade to me. I would tell your realtor to advertise the house as "home brew ready!". :mug:

After reading the subject I thought you hired a bugal player for the dining room.

J/K I dig what you did and nice wood work there all around to boot.

I think you are incorrectly assuming the next owed will not value the keggerator and tap system. This sounds like an upgrade to me. I would tell your realtor to advertise the house as "home brew ready!"

Lol... True

So, what's with the pink balloon in the background?
Are you serving the kiddies cookies and hooch?
Niiiiice!

Added a chalkboard. It is small but my space is small. I think it looks good and doesn't overpower the room. I wanted this to fit into the room not be the focal point of the room.

C360_2011-03-2218-26-39.jpg

C360_2011-03-2218-26-51.jpg

Also finally decided on what I am going to brew this weekend. A Sam Adams Summer Ale clone stovetop extract while also brewing a Tripel AG outside. Should be a great brew day. the SA Summer Ale should be ready in a month and hopefully the Tripel is ready in two months for my birthday.

I am not all that familiar with the Sam Adams Summer Ale... is that something you could get from the 2nd runnings of the tripel?

Man, I'd be tip-toeing down those stairs to sneak pints wayyyy too often.

Nice work!!

Even cooler that the house was built in 1782. I'm sure the masons would have definitely appreciated that!

Back